adjustable batting helmets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Does anyone know if they still make the helmets with the adjustable dial in the back? My daughter's team is ordering helmets and the helmets they received are too small. Maybe adjustable is the way to go?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Does anyone know if they still make the helmets with the adjustable dial in the back? My daughter's team is ordering helmets and the helmets they received are too small. Maybe adjustable is the way to go?

I recall an article somewhere about adjustable helmets having safety issues.

May 12, 2014
Thanks Eric. My DD will hate to hear that. She loved hers in Rec ball. She could wear her hair however she liked. lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks Eric. My DD will hate to hear that. She loved hers in Rec ball. She could wear her hair however she liked. lol

I'm not sure how serious a safety concern there is, but the article cited something. They have a NOCSAE stamp, so they do meet a certain level of safety. It may just have been as issue about not being AS SAFE as a helmet without the adjustable feature. In my mind, proper fit is the biggest concern.

May 12, 2014
Makes sense. Some girls might have their helmets too loose etc. She'll just have to find a bigger helmet. Thanks again. How's your daughter progressing?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Makes sense. Some girls might have their helmets too loose etc. She'll just have to find a bigger helmet. Thanks again. How's your daughter progressing?

We're just getting back to working at things after taking December (mostly) off of softball activities. Thanks for asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish