A Pawn in Game of Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
Forgot about the animosity. That is irrelevant.

1) what does your DD want to do?

2) does the other team provide a better opportunity that is feasible for you as a family.
This is the right answer. In most places that I'm aware of, HS ball is optional. If your DD wants to play at the next level, not playing in HS won't really matter. So the coach doesn't really have the authority that he is trying to abuse. I wouldn't be too worried about the HS coaches wishes, and just do what is best for her.

Jul 14, 2018
Forgot about the animosity. That is irrelevant.

1) what does your DD want to do?

2) does the other team provide a better opportunity that is feasible for you as a family.

DD has a good head on her shoulders, she finds it humorous that a bunch of old men (me included) are taking a game she likes to play so seriously. She also knows that she shouldn’t make any decisions about a team she plays with for eight weeks that would negatively impact the other 10 months. She likes her TB team, and knows that if she were to move to appease HS coach, there’s still no guarantee that he’ll play her. And as we hear all the time, HS ball doesn’t matter.

As for teams creating opportunities, I’m moving more towards believing the TB team doesn’t matter much either. DD is at the age where her friends are making verbal commitments, and she doesn’t know anyone who credits their TB team. They all attended camps, sent videos, and arranged to guest play at showcases where they knew their target schools would be in attendance. We have a pretty vibrant softball scene here, but P5 or even just D1 commits are a rarity. Her phone won’t be ringing on September first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
As for teams creating opportunities, I’m moving more towards believing the TB team doesn’t matter much either. DD is at the age where her friends are making verbal commitments, and she doesn’t know anyone who credits their TB team. They all attended camps, sent videos, and arranged to guest play at showcases where they knew their target schools would be in attendance. We have a pretty vibrant softball scene here, but P5 or even just D1 commits are a rarity. Her phone won’t be ringing on September first.

I meant
a) playing against better competition
b) playing with better players
c) getting better coaching

eg all things that have the potential to improve you as a player.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
I meant
a) playing against better competition
b) playing with better players
c) getting better coaching

eg all things that have the potential to improve you as a player.

Sorry, that was my long-winded way of saying neither team is significantly better than the other. They play many of the same events. Which brings me back to the theme of the thread: this strikes me as little more than a vindictive move to punish a TB coach he doesn’t like and funnel a pitcher to a preferred team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi