A little CF chit chat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
So I saw some CF5's thru CF7's in action this last weekend.

Here are my notes:

CF5's hit a ton (probably just because the ones that are left are just soooo broken in)

CF6's - sound sorta "flat". They don't appear to hit the ball as hard as the other CF's

CF7's - This is probably just "bunk" but the CF7 Hope's (saw two examples) seem to hit the crud out of the ball.

Question - anybody know if the CF6 generation (I think called Paradox technology or something) is a "dud" generation?? (This is the bat that Baylor team used though - IF it was the same bat)

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
So I saw some CF5's thru CF7's in action this last weekend.

Here are my notes:

CF5's hit a ton (probably just because the ones that are left are just soooo broken in)

CF6's - sound sorta "flat". They don't appear to hit the ball as hard as the other CF's

CF7's - This is probably just "bunk" but the CF7 Hope's (saw two examples) seem to hit the crud out of the ball.

Question - anybody know if the CF6 generation (I think called Paradox technology or something) is a "dud" generation?? (This is the bat that Baylor team used though - IF it was the same bat)

Been a CF team for 5,6, and 7s. We got the paradox first run and they are all duds compared to the broke in 5 and the new 7s. IMHO. We have had so much brakage on the 6 as well and not one failure on 5 or 7 so far.

Hell-my DD barely used CF6 insane became a collapseable model as in the handle went freely inside the barrel. Response was the adhesive failed where the pieces are connected.

Question is if its a fail potential adhesive then if say 5% of the adhesive fails does it remove the seal and thus the pop from the bat. Its one of our theories.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I have hit a broken-in CF6 and new CF7 back to back and the CF7 has a ton more pop.

Also saw a relatively new CF6 yesterday with a bunch of cracks running lengthwise along the barrel. 10U player.

Jan 3, 2014
My DD had a CF6 -11 that had huge pop until it broke. Her -10 has never opened up despite the thousands of swings she has put on it. I would rate her individual -10 a dud. I agree. The cf5 bats seem to have good pop. One girl has a -11 cf7 on her team. It seems hot right out of the wrapper.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2012
The only cf6 that impresses me is the cf6 sprite to me those hit lasers where the others dont seem to warm up at all

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
Not sure but the CF6 Hope -10 my daughter uses has great pop, and hits line drives to the fence or over all the time. We have had it for 4 months and not a thing wrong with it here, seen her take the glove right off several girls hand in the infield and still makes it to the fence. I seen no pop issue here, and have seen the cf6 at a lot of tournaments, never saw one break other than the cf6 -11. Say what you will, ymmv.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves