A few free live stream PAC 12 games this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Am I the only person that thinks all schools should steam their softball games online for free? If the University of South Carolina Upstate can do it, then the SEC, ACC, and PAC 12 should be able to do it too! We are trying to build a fan base and grow support, not nickle and dime fans with fees. I also think schools should make admission free for everyone until they start having sell out crowds!

Dec 20, 2012
If all the games are free on the line then less incentive to get fans to live games. Softball does not generate a profit, take away the little income they have and watch their program start going down hill! The sport of softball is not what governs what these teams do, the school and conferences do. And the conferences are out to make $$$, so why would they do anything to benefit anyone but them. Not saying that it's right but it is reality. If the games are free they could not possibly SELL out. lol

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If all the games are free on the line then less incentive to get fans to live games. Softball does not generate a profit, take away the little income they have and watch their program start going down hill! The sport of softball is not what governs what these teams do, the school and conferences do. And the conferences are out to make $$$, so why would they do anything to benefit anyone but them. Not saying that it's right but it is reality. If the games are free they could not possibly SELL out. lol

My DD and I went to see GT play UVA a week ago and admission was FREE!!!! I would be that is a school by school decision vs. a conference decision, and I will amend my "sell out" statement to "standing room only"....

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We haven't been able to go this year, but in years past at the early Tennessee Sunday non conference games admission was $4 total for daughter and I. Daughter received a voucher for a free hot dog and coke worth $7! Nothing like getting paid to watch one of the best teams in the counrtry.

Apr 7, 2014
Am I the only person that thinks all schools should steam their softball games online for free? If the University of South Carolina Upstate can do it, then the SEC, ACC, and PAC 12 should be able to do it too! We are trying to build a fan base and grow support, not nickle and dime fans with fees. I also think schools should make admission free for everyone until they start having sell out crowds!

Completely agree with this!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Completely agree with this!

I know it isn't easy to do, but there was a great college game locally starting at 7:30pm Saturday night.... and 1200 girls playing at a tournament 20 minutes from their field. Surely a quick walk around and ticket/concession promotion at the tournament would have brought in some sort of crowd.

Apr 7, 2014
The few local college games I have attended have had a great in game experience... admission is free, promotions done almost every game, peanuts & tshirts thrown in between innings, not a bad seat at the facility... and yet my local high school charges $5 (lazy in my opinion).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06