9YO DD's Becoming A Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
9YOs

My DD’s friend is thinking about playing softball in the fall so they can spend some time together. She has never played softball before so her parents asked if I could work with her a little bit and let them know what I think. So she came over to the house and as seems to happen another 9YO saw us playing softball and invited herself over.

Somewhere along the line DD has become a coach. She would stop playing with them to correct their throwing and catching mechanics. She would let them take a couple swings of the bat then try to correct their batting stance and grip. Seemed to have the right mix of letting them play and helping them, did not become overbearing know it all.

I was able to just sit back and watch wondering how to get DD to do what she was showing the other girls. I had to stop them when it became too dark to see the ball anymore. :)

I am sure we will do it again this week.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Different ways to learn... To watch, To listen, To do. But the best way to learn something at it's deepest core is to teach it to someone else. Players that teach other players actually speed up their own development. This is great for her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45