9YO DD Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
My nine year old daughter has worked very hard on her swing over the off-season as we prepare for her first year of TB. I am trying to learn all I can about hitting mechanics so I can help her progress as she gets older and would welcome any feedback on her swing and what we should focus on as the season approaches.

Happy to post additional swings off live pitching if it would help. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/DPJISo5RGdc

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_o3mwajxKJl1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_o3mwisOz7M1usf292o1_250.gif

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
One thing to consider that is very basic as you begin this journey:

She has a very high hand set up and she starts her swing from a very high hand set up if you compare it to the vast majority of swings in the Model Swings link here on Discuss Fastpitch. Look at some of those swings and then decide if you want to make this small adjustment now or later.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Pretty nice swing.
I would set the hands as.... top hand on bat even with the ear.
Second adjustment would be to spread her elbows apart some. If she rested the bat on her shoulder and let her arms rest on each side of her body that distance between the elbows would be a good space.

Thanks for the gif RD

Straightleg

May 4, 2012
she may just be doing the Ryan Braun t-drill yall post all the time :) - his handset may be even higher though

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks for the feedback all. She claims the high hand position is the most comfortable stance for her and since she has had phenomenal success as a hitter I was reluctant to push the issue too much. Her Zepp stats also consistently trend full green so I was not too concerned, but based on these comments I will work with her to get this corrected.

I was also concerned about the slight helicopter action at the end of her swing, but it sounds like the hands and elbows are the place to start.

Thanks again, really appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA