8yo DD power problem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
I think that the ball is a RIF, but still, if someone gets ahold of a LD. Look out.
Which is exactly why she wears a rip it face mask!

We had a pitching coach suggest that she throw from 35 and 40 ft every few practices to help her build up her arm strength, that her mechanics were good enough she could handle it. It seemed logical to me, so I'm curious what issues doing this could cause. I guess I could see a problem if she was really having to struggle to throw the ball that far, risking injury, but other then a harder drive off the rubber, her mechanics don't really seem to change.

I will try some of these suggestions tomorow night and see if any of them help her. Thanks

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Which is exactly why she wears a rip it face mask!

We had a pitching coach suggest that she throw from 35 and 40 ft every few practices to help her build up her arm strength, that her mechanics were good enough she could handle it. It seemed logical to me, so I'm curious what issues doing this could cause. I guess I could see a problem if she was really having to struggle to throw the ball that far, risking injury, but other then a harder drive off the rubber, her mechanics don't really seem to change.

I will try some of these suggestions tomorow night and see if any of them help her. Thanks

Long distance pitching is a common method of strengthening the arm, but its usually termed as a long toss drill. By calling it pitching, I think people think of something different. As in game situations with balls and strikes called...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC