8u travel team. No call, no show.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
O.P. here.

I would not be emailing the child directly, I would be contacting her parents to get there side of things.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have practice tomorrow morning, if she happens to show up I will discuss the situation with her parents then. If she does not show up I will send out an email.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
That's the chance you take with only having 10 girls on team. I'd up the players to a minimum of 12.

I understand what you are saying, going into the game I thought we had 10 girls for that game. We have 13 girls on the team, 2 girls on vacation, and two girls were sick with a virus ( All those parents notified me that they could not play). I picked up a girl that is pretty good out of the rec league we play in. Had I known the girl was not coming, with a little notice I could have found another girls to play.

Coaching is a little frustrating when parents don't do their part. Just another part of being a head coach.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
O.P. here.

I would not be emailing the child directly, I would be contacting her parents to get there side of things.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have practice tomorrow morning, if she happens to show up I will discuss the situation with her parents then. If she does not show up I will send out an email.

>>>>>> STOP USING EMAIL <<<<<<<

Pick up the phone and call people.

Email is inefficient when you have a complex two-way communication to have and also you have no idea whether the message has been received or not.

Also email is a terrible way for team comms. Use an application like WhatsApp - much better way to do it.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
>>>>>> STOP USING EMAIL <<<<<<<

Pick up the phone and call people.

Email is inefficient when you have a complex two-way communication to have and also you have no idea whether the message has been received or not.

Also email is a terrible way for team comms. Use an application like WhatsApp - much better way to do it.

Agree 100%! Aside from sending a document I have not sent an email to players and parents in quite a while. We have a website and everyone is expected to check in it on a regular basis. (daily) If there is a significant or urgent update we send out a group text with the url so they can get the information. We never include the information in the actual text so the message is consistent. Sometimes I do a test to see if the players are paying attention. We require softball pants at every practice regardless of the heat. We have practice tomorrow at 9am so late tonight I may post that they can wear shorts. When everyone shows up it is no secret who is paying attention and who is not. Many thanks to Van Halen for that tactic. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA