8u to 10u transition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
What are some tips from going from 8u coach pitch to 10 kid pitch. My girl has played 8u for 4 yrs and this fall will be moving up. She played 10u last fall in rec league, but pitching wasn't very good. She does have a older sister that pitches, so I'm thinking about letting her pitch to younger sister. Just wanting some advise to help her get ready for real pitching.

Thanks
Chad

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
First year of player pitch can be a struggle.

The coach pitch I have seen the instructions to the batters has been swing at anything so you need to get her out of that mentality. As much live pitching as convenient and do so sessions were the ball is consistently in her wheel house but also do sessions were the ball might or might not be a strike. Same with front toss.

Work on the strike zone with her.

Jun 18, 2013
Definitely let her older sister pitch to her. Seeing real pitches from an actual pitcher is the best practice. Let her sister pitch while you work with her on recognizing balls and strikes and understanding the mechanics of her swing and preparing to hit every pitch but not swinging at balls. That is the hardest thing for young kids to learn because they don't see it enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli