6th grade Verbal Commit--the middle of the story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
She came out to CA this past summer and was on Stith 18u.. She catches. The other catchers on the team were Jocy Erickson (OU Freshman) and Alexxis Ramirez (UCLA freshman) and Emily Capobianco (Utah Utes Freshman)

That's why she didn't get too many opportunities. She did get at-bats, hitting well for the most part.

IMO, her physical size plus her abilities are not meshing (or hopefully meshed YET) with the families target schools. There are most certainly a ton of schools that would sign her up now, but they are playing the waiting game for sure.

I would bet a lot of (fake) money that she will sign at someplace of note.. Success in recruiting seems to be a healthy mix of persistence and visibility which she has both in spades.

Jul 5, 2016
Holy mackerel when will people get over the gender Factor of 'people appeal' plenty of men get attention because they are pretty also.

Marketing/internet/tv is all about hype attention drawing material. Whatever can do that will work. Strange bizarre unique included.
That is true, but I think it is more of a factor for women. I confess to never having done a proper statistical analysis of this, but I sense a bias towards blondes.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We all know that this isn't about the money for most of us BUT I wonder how much of a loss this family will take given the huge amount of money that they have spent for that selective ride.

May 13, 2023
Don't know the situation with this particular player but BB Styths teams are generally stacked.
Perhaps to play 🤷‍♀️ She would have to perform better than the other elite players on the team.
Just because someone is verbaled doesn't mean much when the entire team is.
She came out to CA this past summer and was on Stith 18u.. She catches. The other catchers on the team were Jocy Erickson (OU Freshman) and Alexxis Ramirez (UCLA freshman) and Emily Capobianco (Utah Utes Freshman)

That's why she didn't get too many opportunities. She did get at-bats, hitting well for the most part.
The answer emerges 👍

Oct 4, 2018
I honestly don’t know the answer. I would think it would have to do with the perception that the player will perform. I don’t have a feel for whether “marketability” will figure in other than at the very beginning of NIL companies looked for kids who already had social media presence.

Wen I posted that I was thinking more about how cash infused into most situations can cause undesirable effects.

Gotcha, I certainly agree with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi