40 Feet AGAIN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar can you please explain the physics of a checked swing 240 ft. Bomb.
Strong like bull...?

We already discussed this swing on here..Don't remember the thread but there are only a few variables that
effect exit velocity so she obviously still had good bat speed at contact despite the checking of the swing..Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one 🤷‍♂️

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I still don't buy it. Are you saying that a 93 lbs player could hit the same 240 ft shot at that bat speed. Something is wrong with that HR. Period.

Feb 25, 2020
Strong like bull...?

We already discussed this swing on here..Don't remember the thread but there are only a few variables that
effect exit velocity so she obviously still had good bat speed at contact despite the checking of the swing..Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one 🤷‍♂️

I think launch angle and spin had a lot to do with that one.

Jun 8, 2016
I still don't buy it. Are you saying that a 93 lbs player could hit the same 240 ft shot at that bat speed. Something is wrong with that HR. Period.
If she could generate the bat speed sure..

If you are trying to argue (for the 100th time) that the weight of the player has any significant effect on exit speed then I am not interested in the debate :p

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If she could generate the bat speed sure..

If you are trying to argue (for the 100th time) that the weight of the player has any significant effect on exit speed then I am not interested in the debate :p
I am just saying, the eye test says the weight of the players arms swinging must add to the power. In your world, every player would be better off swing the lightest bast possible in order to create the highest bat speed. I still think there is something being left out of the equation. Does the weight of the bat have anything to do with power? If so, wouldn't the weight of the arms contribute to the power? I have seen the one handed swings of grown men, but I think that is different. Please explain how a 42 mph bat speed can produce a 240 ft shot. Was the pitcher throwing 90 mph?

Jun 8, 2016
I am just saying, the eye test says the weight of the players arms swinging must add to the power. In your world, every player would be better off swing the lightest bast possible in order to create the highest bat speed. I still think there is something being left out of the equation. Does the weight of the bat have anything to do with power? If so, wouldn't the weight of the arms contribute to the power? I have seen the one handed swings of grown men, but I think that is different. Please explain how a 42 mph bat speed can produce a 240 ft shot. Was the pitcher throwing 90 mph?
I've already gone over all of this multiple times on here. Obviously you don't believe me so like I said I am not going to get into it again.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
So are we pissed that bats and balls are too hot and hitting bombs is too easy or are we pissed that pitchers can now leap/never got called for it and it’s unfair to the batters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020

She could have an exit velo of low-mid 60's and with a really good launch and spin hit it 230 in the air.

I think you're leaving out spin. Which is pretty much luck in softball/baseball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog