40 Feet AGAIN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
I would like to see them deaden the ball a little.
If you change the bat rules (like baseball) you make a lot of bats illegal, so change the ball. My first reason on this is pitcher safety, the second is you don't have to relocate the fences further out. It used to be 200' now I see 220'. I also see some out of the sweet spot hits drifting over the fences.
Easiest least expensive resolve without changing parameters of the field or rules.

Apr 20, 2015
The game of softball just like all sports is more enjoyable to watch to the average fan when there are lots of balls in play and action happening. I love softball and can appreciate the game in a low scoring game just like my husband loves a 3-0 defensive football game, but for most people who don’t care about the intricacies of the sport they want to see hits and runs and fantastic defensive plays than even a perfect game with a ton of strike outs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Are the bats checked? When? By who?
I only “kind of” know the answer.

Before every game they are lined up and inspected, the team has to present some clip board with an unknown sheet that I don’t know what is on it.

The bats have some sticker that seems to imply they have been compression checked?

Aw, hell. Turns out I don’t know anything, lol

Oct 14, 2019
I only “kind of” know the answer.

Before every game they are lined up and inspected, the team has to present some clip board with an unknown sheet that I don’t know what is on it.

The bats have some sticker that seems to imply they have been compression checked?

Aw, hell. Turns out I don’t know anything, lol
Is there a such thing as a corked composite bat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog