3U coach pitch and catch Tryouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is not going to tryout unless all the ASA rules are strictly enforced. No coach pitch, stealing of home, play all 7 innings, no free substitution, etc.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Will the team be swinging stock or doctored rattles? Also, will they be wearing pants, shorts, or onesies? Compared to DD's numerous other offers and tryout invitations, this one has us a bit concerned because it seems like this is a start up org without a big name coach proven track record, or big time sponsor.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Moving fast now. We got something here.

I am going to answer a few of the questions that came up.

1. We have a corporate sponsor- Huggies
2. We will strictly play exposure events
3. Practices will be 3 1/2 hours to ensure proper nap time
4. No coolers allowed in dugouts, only sippie cups and bottles
5. Team fee will be $1 a month (does not include diapers or wipes)

Let me know if I am missing anything else. Very excited.

We are also taking bids on naming rights.

For some reason, Huggies Sliders sounds about right.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
My DD wants to play with her "friends" again in 2U next year, whatever that means. I'll try to talk some sense into her about playing up and get back to you.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
We may be out now...had it set up with our nieces kid but... only if the bottles/diapers and all other accessories are supplied and is team apparel!

However... I would like to nominate my wife as a team mom to change all the diapers. I will inform her of this tonight....while she is asleep!

I like Huggies Sliders...other suggestion: Huggies Chaos.

May 25, 2010
My 9yo would like to coach, but wants to know whether the coaches will be paid or whether they're expected to volunteer.

For parents who might be concerned about Daddy ball/Mommy ball, she would like to add that she will not have a DD (or little sister) on this team.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
First potential controversy. The Gerber food company wants to sponsor and provide free food, but will require team name to include Gerber. If "Gerber 3U Gold" doesn't sit well with Huggies, then maybe "Gerber 3U Gold - A Member of the Huggies Sliders Travel Ball Organziation" might work as we can't afford to let them go to the competition. Any ideas on how to fit that on the uniforms and still leave room for last name, number, and agent contact info?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell