3B Glove Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 9, 2020
my daughter uses a 12" custom A2k for 3rd base and custom Rawlings 11.75 for second base personal preference both have H Webb which I think is helpful for infielders then a closed pocket from what I have read. Her college next year is sponsored by Easton so gonna be a little transition for her. at end of day glove is a personal preference. I see these new gloves with textured inside like the old SSK gloves from when I was a kid to help stop spin inside the web. Like everything what goes around comes around again.. I'm just getting old enough to see lol

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
both have H Webb which I think is helpful for infielders then a closed pocket from what I have read.
I agree with the H-web comment! And since this post is about a 3B glove, I think a H-web glove is the best choice in fastpitch softball for use at 3B!

And I’m good with both an H-web & I-web at middle infield.

Feb 15, 2017
DD uses a 11.75 H web A2K at 3rd. 14A. Really has helped the speed of her transitions. Super important in the MiF but also at the hot corner because of the speed game with slaps/bunts. It’s the full leather edition so comparatively it is a bit heavier than the superskin model.

Apr 9, 2020
I think at 2nd and ss is matter preference as to which open web you use .. i am
Again no expert but on any high level baseball or softball I can’t really remember seeing a closed web on a player worth watching lol. Gloves are truly a personal preference and comes to be a security blanket with player like Linus in peanuts so at end of day it is whatever the player feels comfortable with . Some may want longer to maje up for range speed , some may want smaller to adjust fir hand Size and transfers . The only one I knew for sure she didn’t like was the Pedroia model as not bc of the team he is on but his model reduces padding if any in the heel/palm areas more than others as I think that’s his preference ! Ball size and speed at which these higher level athletes rocket the balls to infielder I think the few mm of padding is important ..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think at 2nd and ss is matter preference as to which open web you use .. i am
Again no expert but on any high level baseball or softball I can’t really remember seeing a closed web on a player worth watching lol. Gloves are truly a personal preference and comes to be a security blanket with player like Linus in peanuts so at end of day it is whatever the player feels comfortable with . Some may want longer to maje up for range speed , some may want smaller to adjust fir hand Size and transfers . The only one I knew for sure she didn’t like was the Pedroia model as not bc of the team he is on but his model reduces padding if any in the heel/palm areas more than others as I think that’s his preference ! Ball size and speed at which these higher level athletes rocket the balls to infielder I think the few mm of padding is important ..

Arguably the best SS / best hands to EVER play the game, Omar Vizquel used a closed One-piece web!

Heel padding really means nothing to me, in fact I’ve taken excessive heel padding out of gloves before, now palm padding is a different story, some like it, some don’t. I ordered my last two customs with palm padding but not to help with stingers / impact, but to help with the overall structure of the glove and to prevent palm wrinkles. That’s the only reason I’d have a palm pad in a fielders glove (me personally).

Now a catchers mitt is a different story, I want a palm pad!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13