2022 Anderson Rocketech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Looks like you have a very good setup to measure it!

It seems like there is a wide variety of exit speeds. My yardstick for the high end has always been that SEC player of the year Abby Cheek had 80-something exit speed.

I have never felt like I measure exit speed well. I use a ball coach but just never felt confident in it. Dd has been hitting at a facility with Rapsodo- it seems like it is more consistent in that the sound off the bat corresponds with the speed registered. Who knows if there are issues with calibration or whatever but the speeds there are higher and dd says they match her speeds at school on Hittrax.

May 28, 2019

For my measurements, I set up a smart coach behind a screen on a tripod about 8-10 ft away, and the phone on a tripod on the side. Is this acceptable for exit velo? We have highs in the upper 80’s. The smart coach is my stingy-est Radar.

How old is she? Love the barrel extension she gets. I want my 11.75 yr old hitting those numbers yesterday. lol. She’s breaking into the low 60’s now, about to go into her 12u season.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
How old is she? Love the barrel extension she gets. I want my 11.75 yr old hitting those numbers yesterday. lol. She’s breaking into the low 60’s now, about to go into her 12u season.
Just turned 17, will be entering her senior year in high school.”short to-long through” she may hear that once or twice haha

Oct 4, 2018
Having just finished testing the Meta, I was kinda primed to be disappointed, but the results were anything but disappointing. I will say though, that when I brought the girls out to begin trying it out, I had to listen to a bunch of griping, such as "It's ugly". "Does it come in any other colors." etc, etc........And yeah, while it's not all that aesthetically pleasing to some, it became pretty obvious that the folks at Anderson put a helluva lot more into what's inside this bat then they did on the outside.

Uh, am i reading this wrong? Isn't the Meta a Louisville Slugger bat?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA