2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have been kinda giving out the dates for a while now and I haven't heard anything to the contrary as of yet.

Expected release of the Drop11 ASA Ghost is this month. USSSA Ghost is June'ish

Butttttttttttttttttt, a birdie told me that I will be getting a very small allocation of the usssa ghosts very early. Like
a few weeks

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think you are gonna hear a little sound diff between the 2 Ghosts. I also have heard now from 5 people that the performance diff
between the two isn't what they first expected. That there is a diff, but not a huge diff.

Which could happen, the biggest gripe usssa has is the tech inside the ASA Ghost...so if the usssa Ghost adapted the tech a little but kept
its integrity, all should be gtg

Jun 21, 2015
Ahhhhhh! All I know is my kid need a 34/24 USSSA approved bat by May. She loves her Ghost. She and I are both interested in the Quattro Pro. Now there’s talk of the USSSA version performing close to the ASA version. Oh decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Just ordered a Ghost from Core. Thanks [MENTION=7451]CoreSoftball20[/MENTION]!!! I will be very interested as to the comparison of the Quatro Pro and the usssa approved Ghost, I think that will be a good shootout!!!

Jul 2, 2013
I saw this over the weekend. This is the sixth grader that verballed to UF a few weeks ago. Notice the stamp on that bat?

https://twitter.com/alexia_c21/status/972584709585883136

DX9QncPVwAA8SGe.jpg:large

She also has a video of her hitting a homer with it.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I don't see where he said this guy was a salesman. Just that he was at a tourney that had the usssa Ghost there to swing and posted what he said about it

He is a sales rep. I know him from FB, just don’t know him personally. If the USSSA version is actually close in performance to the USA/ASA Ghost, half the kids in the softball world will have a smoke grey bat!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He is a sales rep. I know him from FB, just don’t know him personally. If the USSSA version is actually close in performance to the USA/ASA Ghost, half the kids in the softball world will have a smoke grey bat!

Then I take back what I said...hate "salesmen/reps" for stores. They cause more issues then help

Dec 11, 2010
So for the first time I am aware of, your UTrip bat won’t be legal for high school play. Not cool. In my area a lot of players have to play USSSA and high school. And for those who don’t know, NFHS which governs high school softball requires a USA Softball stamp. (Or a 2004 ASA stamp or newer and not be on the unapproved bat list).

DD’s hs softball bud wants a Ghost but she plays stupid U-trip and high school. I can guarantee her dad isn’t going to buy two bats. He makes a boatload of money but he is tight like the bark on a tree.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD’s hs softball bud wants a Ghost but she plays stupid U-trip and high school. I can guarantee her dad isn’t going to buy two bats. He makes a boatload of money but he is tight like the bark on a tree.

An alive or dead tree? Becuase I have seen dead trees and the bark isn't so tight on them :)

But I agree with ya, Im not a fan of how usssa threw a monkey wrench into this whole thing. When usssa changed their standards away from asa,
it cost me thousands of dollars as I had a hundred bats laying around without the new usssa stamp and no way to unload them.

jjr

Jun 13, 2017
So for the first time I am aware of, your UTrip bat won’t be legal for high school play. Not cool. In my area a lot of players have to play USSSA and high school. And for those who don’t know, NFHS which governs high school softball requires a USA Softball stamp. (Or a 2004 ASA stamp or newer and not be on the unapproved bat list).

Yeah, I was reading the Utrip stamped bat won't be dual stamped. We play both ASA and Utrip here (more utrip than ASA) and I was going to get her the new one but I can't afford to get both just so she can swing the same bat at each tournament she plays.

It's a bit disappointing. To be honest, I'm not sure WHY I thought it was going to be dual stamped. Maybe I just haven't been paying that close of attention to how the new bat was going to be regulated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01