2012 Demarini CF5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
So the life cycle of the CF4 from my perspective, with a DD that plays HS and top TB:

1. First month break in before big bat pop occurs
2. Months 2-6 are the big pop months and are in warmer weather
3. In months 3-6 you see the outer paint chip and delaminate
4. Month 6-8 daddy starts to think "hmm, ya know DD hasn't really rocked one in a while....." (the start of the pop decay)
5. Months 8-12 are indoors and can't really tell the pop.
6. Month 13 daddy gets nervous about bat condition and gets a "backup"
7. Month 14 in HS it is apparent the bat is dead (warranty gone)

Anyone else see this too?

Precautions we took were no batting cages with it and we also kept it warm with pyroflite when below 50 or so.

Do you think this is by design, the bat manufactures enjoys selling you the $300 bats every 14 months.

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
What is amazing to me is last night a local 14u travel ball coach was talking about bats with a parent who I could tell had no clue. They were admiring my daughters CF5. I told them how she really liked the bat but that I had concerns because of possible durability issues with the CF5. I pulled out the rockettech and asked the coach if any of his 14u girls swing Anderson bats ?He said no...aluminum are inferior to composite.I asked if he would like to hit a few balls with it and he said no thanks. Im sure the dad with no clue will be purchasing a $300 composite this week.

Dec 11, 2010
The Rocketech isn't for everybody... But in the hands of the girl with the right swing it is the ONLY way to roll.

I count myself lucky that it is the right bat for one of my two girls.

Dec 11, 2010
I witnessed first hand last Sunday a dad trying to "help" a girl pick a bat. Did try 3-4 bats but they were all too big. He was talking ounces like length didn't matter. Situation was worse because her current bat is way too small.

It came down to you should buy brand x because that is what my daughter swings.

Momma is going to spend about 3 bills on a bat her daughter doesn't need as a result. Oh by the way it is a $300 "your daughter will grow into it" mistake.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd