2011 rt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Been using RT's since 06'. Loved them all. Got a 2010, hit 2 HR's ( within a week ) and it dented. Sent it back and they sent me a 2011. I DO NOT LIKE IT. Doesn't have much pop at all. I even tried it out myself in the cage and from good live pitching. I wonder if we got a dud. Anyone else got or tried the 2011??

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Don't know about the 2011 rt ... but I've gone through of the prior models ... most eventually cracked over the years, but with a lot of use. In the one's I've used I felt there was a break-in period of between 100-300 hits.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Don't know about the 2011 rt ... but I've gone through of the prior models ... most eventually cracked over the years, but with a lot of use. In the one's I've used I felt there was a break-in period of between 100-300 hits.

Most of our old ones were pretty hot straight out of the box. I hope you are correct about the break in period on this one. I'd say we have around 100 good hits off it so far.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Part of me wonders if they did something different starting with the 2009 model. Prior to that the RTs would be 'good to go' after 50 hits. Starting with the 2009 models it took upwards to 300 hits to feel the consistent pop. Just an opinion mind you ... I didn't collect any scientific data on this ... and I also haven't swung the 2011 model.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Also, those '04s through '07s were work horses that my DD used in the cold and snow of Flagstaff and heat of Phoenix. I bought the '08, but sold it in the wrapper.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
There's an Anderson forum on another website where a number of Anderson fanatics as well as the Anderson CEO/chief bat designer post. The general consensus is that the double-walled Andersons (i.e., Rocketech and Techzilla) improve in performance after a short break in period (100-300 hits or so) during which the 2 barrels begin to work independently. Additionally, the CEO has indicated that he believes that periodic design improvements have marginally increased the performance over time (i.e., the newest RTs and TZs are the best performing. That said, he agrees that if your DD thinks she hits better w/ the 05 RT than the 11 RT, she probably will. Thats why we see some of the used older models now selling for crazy prices far in excess of original sticker price. Admittedly, he's in the business of selling new bats, but I'm inclined to believe he's being forthright.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00