2011 College Softball Camp - Jan 8-9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2009
The 2011 College Softball Camp will be held January 8-9, 2011 at the Coquille Sports Complex, just off I-12 in Covington, LA. Covington is located north of New Orleans, in-between Slidell and Hammond, LA. This is an opportunity for high school players from the south to participate in workouts over two days with over 35 college coaches from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama & Texas. Players will rotate through various skills stations being instructed by the camp staff, as well as participate in live scrimmage & game action. Pitchers will work with Sherry Werner PhD, nationally noted biomechanics expert, author and researcher for windmill pitching. Campers will be introduced, instructed, and exposed to the college coach camp staff for 15 hours over the two days. A special FCA devotional led by college coaches will be held early Sunday morning for any campers and parents that would like to attend.

Registration for the two-day camp is $175. Don’t delay as the camp has sold out in its previous three years, and 2011 applications have already exceeded the number received at this time last year by 40%. Last year, 245 young ladies from 15 states attended the camp. You can find detailed information on the camp, lodging, directions, contact info, schedule, camp video, and bio’s of the college coach staff online. Registration forms and a camp flyer can also be printed from the camp website, click this link: Home Page

The following universities that were on the 2010 camp staff are scheduled to return: Louisiana State University, University of Louisiana-Lafayette, University of Southern Mississippi, Southeastern Louisiana University, Louisiana Tech, Nicholls State University, Southern University, Millsaps College, Louisiana College, McNeese University, Mississippi College, Southern University, University of South Alabama, Belhaven University, Northwestern State University, University of Louisiana Monroe, Delta State University, William Carey College, Stephen F Austin, University of West Alabama, Troy University, West Virginia University Institute of Technology, LSU Eunice, Co-Lin CC, Jones County CC, Marion Military CC, and a number of additional schools to be added. The camper to college coach ratio is 9 to 1.

The free coaching clinic will return on Sunday, open to all high school, travel, and recreation coaches. Watch for the detailed coach clinic lineup and schedule to be published December 10. This camp is not a fund raising opportunity for any high school, travel team, recreation department, company, nor staged for any personal profit. The resources are directed back to support the college coaches and their programs.

Home Page

Nov 15, 2010
I think this is camp is for skills and recruiting. When i was trying to get recruited this book really helped me out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619