14u team building

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
My 14u travel team hasnt met as a group yet, & with the weather forecast :mad:, it doesnt look to happen real soon. Gym time is impossible around here right now, still I would like to get the girls together for some team building....any suggestions?

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Anything where the girls interact with each other. Volunteer work, bowling, etc. I would just make it something where they are engaged in some activity, not a meal as there is no incentive to talk to each other.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
A game at the cages, after we bat, we divide into 2 teams (1 per tunnel)
and have each swing until they miss, quickly being replaced by the next girl.
Last team with a player batting wins. Or, take out the machines (if possible)
pull back the divider net and have a good old fashion game of dodge ball.
Laser tag is always an option, reserve for an hour

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
This time of year, take them to a college softball game/series. Even better if can make it a little road trip and spend night in hotel with the girls rooming together in groups of 3-4.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
All of the suggestions are good ones. We love to go out to eat after spending a couple of hours at the batting cage. Or see if everyone wants to see a movie or hangout at your house.

All of the suggestions are good ones. We love to go out to eat after spending a couple of hours at the batting cage. Or see if everyone wants to see a movie or hangout at your house.

I suggest "A League Of Their Own" :)

It has a few bad words in it, and maybe a little inuendo, but nothing that 14U girls don't hear every day, unless maybe if they are home-schooled.

Jan 15, 2009
Had a coach do a pre-season team dinner then broke into groups to do a neighborhood scavenger hunt. I thought it was great cooperative competitive effort and fun for the girls.

Dec 19, 2009
We do a semi annual sleepover (drives my wife crazy LOL). We do one in the fall and one in the Spring. Though it makes for one long night it has been invaluable in our team building. BTW most we ever had was 15 a couple of years ago. :)

jay

Mar 29, 2010
holland, oh
We do a semi annual sleepover (drives my wife crazy LOL). We do one in the fall and one in the Spring. Though it makes for one long night it has been invaluable in our team building. BTW most we ever had was 15 a couple of years ago. :)

i've considered this but have hesitated to do in as i am a male coach and my team is mostly 11 year old girls. i wasn't sure how it'd go over with the parents. any negative feedback or things you've heard about sleepovers?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA