13 YO DD throwing FB, Drop, CU, and Rise looking for Input

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

This is the first time I have posted video of DD pitching. She has been working at it for the last 2 and a half years. She's worked with 3 PCs during that time, all of whom are IR coaches while not actually focusing on it. She cruises low 50's and can get it up around 55 Right now she is struggling a bit with her elbow slamming into her hip. So she has been focusing on staying square longer during the initial drive and trying not to close too early. She's also turning the drive foot a bit more than I would like but thats something she has been aware of and not able to change for a while. We both would really like any feedback on any or all of the following pitches. Ive posted links to 2 each of the FB CU Drop and Rise.

Thank You for the input.

PTC

Fastball
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0lv1JMt8K_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yiuXEurTfdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Change Up
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zPMbMxkn8yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cIeFx02ia7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Drop
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nNoVvUh2WN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uKqKEcrhgWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Rise
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5o1Lt2aanY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0iPKHpDEfXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fastball looks good.

Just for my own information, what kind of speed difference is she getting on the change?

IMHO, this forum doesn't work real well with helping teach breaking pitches. She really needs to go to a PC to figure out how to throw breaking pitches. The hand and wrist are extremely important on those pitches. You really need someone who can focus on your DD's abilities and help her find the correct "keys".

In any event, I doubt she is getting much, if any movement, on her drop. We would need to see a different view.

The rise looks OK, but I can't see the hand at release.

It is impossible for me to tell about the rise.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Can she go to the ball diamond and throw a few? (J/K) I see you are in Kenosha. I haven't slowed down your videos, but I get a glimpse of her back foot leaving the ground. That is just a suggestion, of something to look at.

Sluggers, Thanks for taking the time. Her change floats in and dives right at the plate when she doesn't finish too high, probably high 30's low 40's. I know what you are saying with movement pitches especially with that angle. Her drop while somewhat inconsistent does move pretty well. She's been working on her rise for the last 14 months or so. Spin when thrown from K position is really good tends to get more of a spiral the more lower half she adds. She didn't really throw it in games much last year but at her 1st tourney this year her coach told her it was her most effective pitch. Its not as fast as it needs to be but a real improvement over last year. Ill try to get some video from behind the rubber for the rise and drop.

Thanks
PTC

Amy I wish she could throw outside. We're getting another 4-7 inches of the white junk today. I can't wait for this winter to end. Her back foot does come up on most indoor pitches but does a good drag in the dirt. Please send some of your warm weather up her we need to start this melt so thing might get a chance to dry out before the HS season starts.

Thanks
PTC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish