-13 Softball Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 13, 2010
Someone on my daughter's 10U Little League team uses a -13 bat. One of the other player's parent seen the bat and said she was not allowed to use the bat. They stated that bats need to be -12 or under.

I think they are confusing baseball and softball. I have not seen anything in the Little League softball rules stating this but I believe it is in the rules for baseball.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what is correct? If the bat is not allowed where can I find the information? Thanks.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Demarini sells a lot of them and I doubt they would if they were illegal. The -13 Bustos or old Cat Ostermans are very popular with the 10U crowd. DD used on until second year 12U. I still see her sneak it out when facing fast pitchers and she has no trouble hitting stand up dbls.

Jan 25, 2011
to tell you the truth,I have never seen a LL stamp on a softball bat,at least not the expensive bats,as long as it is fastpitch softball bat and fits through thier ring,its good to go,thats all they did when I was coaching LL all-star team at States 2 years ago,probably could use a bat thats not asa stamped. like the Kelly K bat from miken.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut