12u swing thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2012
my 12u DD swing
longtime reader, first time poster, so be gentle. looking for feedback on my daughters swing. she has been playing softball for 18 months now so we are playing catch-up. looking to add more "running start" and a bit more "tip" to her swing but any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance. hope the video works, any tecnical help would also be appreciated!

flk 3-13 - YouTube

About Them

Awaiting genuis pills
Aug 30, 2011
Chicago Suburbs
I'm not an expert, just a dad with a 13u player. Nice Swing! I wish my DD swing looked that good last year (much better this year with professional help).

The expert help will come soon!

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
You are going to have a good hitter there if you work at it. compare the movement of your DD's lower body to this player. Watch the rear foot in particular. It is an indicator of problems with the lower body, Watch it spin vs the leg/hip rotate and drive. Check the Model Swings thread. The swing below is common.

http://i39.tinypic.com/f0c6ll.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Work on coiling,getting off/driving off the rear foot(not spinning) and not dropping the hands. I see the same rear leg/foot action as your son. Need to read and understand 'forward by coil'. JMHO.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2012
my 12u DD swing
longtime reader, first time poster, so be gentle. looking for feedback on my daughters swing. she has been playing softball for 18 months now so we are playing catch-up. looking to add more "running start" and a bit more "tip" to her swing but any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance. hope the video works, any tecnical help would also be appreciated!

flk 3-13 - YouTube

Work on coiling,getting off/driving off the rear foot(not spinning) and not dropping the hands. I see the same rear leg/foot action as your son. Need to read and understand 'forward by coil'. JMHO.

Thanks rd. Thanks for the suggestion. I assume "forward by coil" is a thread and I will read it tonight. I have been reading anything I can about coiling the back hip and " the move " but tough having trouble understanding and teaching. Thanks again.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She steps out and stiffens the front leg to early in the swing. That will make you hit off the back side.
I personally start with throwing and work on having a flexed front knee. That will make the hips work better and not stop them with an early stiff front leg.
The swing will flow better when she learns this.

Straightleg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG