12" Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2018
I ended up getting a dozen Rawlings Dream Seam "pro leather" and a dozen Dudley Thunder Heat with raised seams and a leather covers. I plan on putting through the ringer and seeing which one holds up better.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Little late but ...

If you are just looking for balls I have had mixed results buying balls after tournaments. Good balls for cheap but hit or miss and takes a little work.

May 13, 2015
I ended up getting a dozen Rawlings Dream Seam "pro leather" and a dozen Dudley Thunder Heat with raised seams and a leather covers. I plan on putting through the ringer and seeing which one holds up better.

Pitchers will like the dream seams better when new, the Dudley’s will hold up longer.

I get both, and after we use them for pitching, they end up in the hitting bucket.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD pitches and I do care what she likes, we get ball that she will be pitching with and needs to be comfortable with everything.

OP is batter, not sure why they would care.

Jun 14, 2018
DD pitches and I do care what she likes, we get ball that she will be pitching with and needs to be comfortable with everything.

OP is batter, not sure why they would care.

I was looking for more of a game ball that we can use around the house and with the girls when they come over and want to work on things between practices. We play alot of catch at our house and my DD has told me that throwing the game balls is easier for her to grip when when long toss. She is a catcher so we also have good balls for the pitchers if/when they come over to mess around.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Same as pitcher and might be dead wrong.

I have a bucket of game used balls for throwing. Pitching practice included, never used for batting practice just there.

We hit other balls, who knows what they are but we leave the throwing balls alone.

Dec 11, 2010
EcoT, the Trump balls are used quite a bit in slowpitch I believe. I have a bunch in my hitting tub and I like them.

Mar 1, 2016

The Rawlings balls are rebranded Worth Dream Seam balls. They have a cork core and will break down fairly quickly if used for batting practice, especially if they get put through a pitching machine. They are great for pitching, throwing, and fielding, though. Very easy to grip.

The Dudley Thunder Heat balls have a polymer core and last much longer for batting practice. All balls break down eventually, but these and MacGregor X100 balls seem to last the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We've ALWAYS bought Thunder Heat balls but I really like Trump, Sterling, and the Rawlings Pro Leather balls. Honestly we hardly ever see any Dudley balls in any tournaments around here anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00