11yo Swing advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2014
I've been a longtime lurker and learned a lot through this site. My DD plays 10u ball and works very hard at the game she loves. She's not been centering or driving the ball in games as well as she would like (although it's early in the season). She is confident in her abilities, has pretty good timing and a quick swing.

I look forward to any constructive input and things she might work on. As always, I appreciate all the wonderful contributors on this site.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Quick thoughts on her good looking swing. Back foot pointing backwards which makes it easier for her to sway back past her back knee instead of coiling forward from the inside of the back foot. She also has excessive bat wrap with the end result being that her back side comes around as one instead of her hips and hands working independently. Just my 2 cents worth.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Quick thoughts on her good looking swing. Back foot pointing backwards which makes it easier for her to sway back past her back knee instead of coiling forward from the inside of the back foot. She also has excessive bat wrap with the end result being that her back side comes around as one instead of her hips and hands working independently. Just my 2 cents worth.

I see this too. Open back foot, load over back leg instead against it and coil forward.

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
JyB3eH.gif

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Lot of potential here, IMO. The back leg is a mess, but can be fixed. She's scrunching, swaying back, doesn't understand how to coil around the back hip, out of sequence. She seems to understand or attempt a lot of other important things, like hand/hip separation, letting the hips lead, pretty good contact point. Prognosis is very good, I think. Looks like she could really be good.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I think you need more clips from different angles. This angle and Her hitting oppo make it difficult to get a good look IMO. As Coogan suggested, she does not appear to be providing a solid post to coil around. She is going to have a beautiful swing in little time; good job.

Jul 30, 2014
We concentrated on hip coil tonight, especially after reading many past threads on the issue. Very informative indeed. DD still has too much bat wrap, I think, but I'm glad to work on these things with her.

[video=youtube_share;3FL0NynZX2U]http://youtu.be/3FL0NynZX2U[/video]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06