11yo pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
It's hard to tell from the angel but is her arm circle straight? It looks bent but it's not the best angel.

Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
At pitching practice today, one of the coaches made her finish with the hello elbow. The kid brought up that her pitching coach doesn't teach that, but she still made her try. Another parent had a similar complaint about that same coach. Ticks me off that you spend $ on coaching and they dismiss it like that.

Jan 27, 2010
At pitching practice today, one of the coaches made her finish with the hello elbow. The kid brought up that her pitching coach doesn't teach that, but she still made her try. Another parent had a similar complaint about that same coach. Ticks me off that you spend $ on coaching and they dismiss it like that.
Ddose, I, as a parent, would make it clear to this coach that you are paying good money to a PC to teach your DD. If you and the other parent would confront him together and relieve your DDs of dealing with this coach, he may see that he could lose two pitchers if he continues to persist. Tell him you don't want to create any doubt in your DD's mind about what she is being taught by her PC and don't want to possibly confuse your DD.

Feb 3, 2011
Every TB program is different, but that's completely unacceptable. Your player has a style that she is comfortable with and that you're paying for her to learn. If the coach wants a different style of pitcher, that's ok, but she needs to cut your daughter or move her to a different position and then recruit the style of pitcher she really wants for the team.

Coaches make mistakes, but this was very disrespectful. I am glad to hear that your player stood up for yourself, but if it happens again, it may require parental intervention.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd