11 y/o swing from behind the plate...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2012
You are holding onto beliefs you cannot reconcile...

ot2.gif

It's why you cannot quite figure this guy out using the terminology you have been using.

I don't see coiling around the rear leg - I do see the rear leg turning a bit rearward with the coil (this is done and you will feel tightness in your groin) - then a stretch between the legs as the hips start to uncoil (you should be able to see the front leg ER before the rear leg fires) - then a rear leg firing into IR because how far do you expect the rear leg adductors muscles to stretch before they have to shorten -

How can your leg fire into IR (when the rear knee breaks down and in) if you are already Iring - or holding an IRed leg? Where is the stretch coming from? Remember these hit with 2 legs - not 1

Read this part with an open mind

When you coil your hips - your lower spine turns. When you resist that with the belly button turning in the opposite direction - your spine laterally bends in the direction that both parts of the spine are trying to turn. your front shoulder comes down. There is also a bit of twisting in the spine going on

This is the up front action you must create. Remember - the spine is not alone - you are including pretty much every muscles in your torso while doing this - so if you aren't feeling something stretching you must be Gumby...I feel it my lower back and rear lat the most

When you turn your hips to swing - the lower spine is starts turning and lateral bend in the middle spine gets hooked up to it - so the lateral bend (C shape) gets turned.

It's about this time that the rear leg fires into IR - the stretch between the legs is created by the spine actions.

This sequence created your front shoulder down and in with a bit of bat tipping so that the hitter now has to get his barrel loaded as his lateral bend is being turned. Balanced actions with 2 legs

u98.gif

Or you can keep hitting one legged...

The bold sounds like the BB/A$$ thing that Noon and TDS talk about.

Also, I can't figure out why you would want to turn the hips. If you've stretched and turn the hips, why did you stretch? It almost sounds like we're loading the spine to unload the spine, rather than loading and unloading the hands.

R

RayR

P - the part I failed to mention is that the belly button and a$$ releases to start the actions of the upper and lower entering the phase of the swing right before launch - you could think of it as more stretching. You could think of it as separation. The upper half is loading the hands/barrel as the lower half is loading the legs as the hips are opening but the back leg has not fired yet (the phase I described the front leg ERing while the rear leg holds for second that stretches the adductiors along the rear leg)

When his 2 slides around to belly side is after the BB/A$$ have released as the belt line is opening - balanced stretches and releases are taking place - then 2 snaps back in place as lower spine catches the lateral bend of the middle spine like gears meshing and launches the swing

0vlu.gif

5g3.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse