10u video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2010
Seen lots of good feedback on here with some of these videos so thought I would give it a try with my own DD. She's been pitching for a little over a year now. This upcoming season will be her 2nd season as a pitcher and last season in 10u.

Sorry the video isn't the best quality, but we are in the dead of winter where we are at and stuck inside doing what we can. She still working on her follow through and getting a better push off the pitching rubber...both of which are obvious here. Other feedback is certainly welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VlEBrau1Ps

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
She is very inconsistent between pitches.

Here is some advice:

(a) When she doesn't use the correct form, you have to stop, correct her, and then work on the problem until she does it right. Don't let her throw one more pitch if her form is bad.
(b) It is January. You and she have to focus on form rather than outcome. At this point, forget whether the ball goes high or outside or whatever. The question is whether her form is good. You can work on location later.

She is leaning forward at release, bending over and too anxious to close. She needs to stay back and stand tall. At her age, I wouldn't have her close. Just have her stay open and let the right foot drag up behind the left foot after she throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish