10u splitting into 12u/10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2010
Ok so my DD team is splitting due to some of the the girls aging up, well 9yo has talent to move up but is going through fundamental brain farts, 7yo will be #2 pitcher for 10u. So Im at a dilema do i keep the older one down and go back to basics or do i let her move up with the older girls.

Sep 10, 2010
they've played together for a couple of seasons, but the little one was always just a solid back up, this time the little one has kindve steped into her own, i think its gonna be a blast...i just dont want the older one to get down on herself because little sis is putting on a show....

May 25, 2010
I guess it depends on the level of play as well as the playing time they'd get at the respective levels.

I'm generally a proponent of playing age true, but only when the girls are able to progress. However, if the player's game is regressing because of being on a lower level team, you've got to move her up.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I guess, if the older one stays down, it will be a learning moment for her and she will take her cue from you guys. If she hears you on the phone saying how great baby sister was, it wouldn't be too good. :)

I would teach the 9YO to catch, so that she is along for the ride.

(I wish I had these kinds of problems. All is good.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes