10u bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Hi Dragon, start with eBay, and look for "last season" bats for a deal (they may still be in the wrapper even). I have an 11 year old, and am not a big advocate of spending a lot of money on a bat because in part you'll be tempted to try to get something you can use multiple years (at $300-plus) and I think they grow too fast at that age and can suffer from bats that don't fit. Buy a cheaper or used bat and fit it right for the size they are at 10 or 11 and you'll get better results (and maybe throw some "saved" money into hitting lessons, like many here advocate).

If you're a coach, think about a couple of nicer team bats. The parents will appreciate it and so will the kids.

For younger girls, I think a lighter bat is ok. The Jessica Mendoza -11 (I think Louisville Slugger) is an entry level composite, should be able to get it for about $80. The DeMarini Vendetta's are even lighter, -12, a bit more expensive, I've seen them as low as $129. We have some smaller girls that are liking them. If you want to go -10, look at a Demarini CF3 (last season vs. new CF4), lots on Ebay or on sale online. You can get them for about $150.

Good luck!

May 11, 2009
Dragon,
We have gone through a ton of bats!! I would look at a place called West Coast Sporting Goods. They have what they call "Cage Bats" and they are hardly used returned bats, especially the smaller lighter bats, that they will deal with you on. We have bought 3 of them from them and they have all been top notch Anderson bats. We have gotten 2 Rocketechs and one TechZilla. For 10U depending on the size of child you will be able to get by with a 30/20 TechZilla. My daughter has hit hers since 10U and it has great pop and good durability.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Mike

Feb 8, 2009
Most of the 10u girls are better off with a -12. They need the length. I'd be an ounce light before an ounce heavy. Of the -12 bats I'll take the Mikens (halo.rain, and icon). The Vendetta is nice, but they tend to break.

Dec 9, 2009
SoCal - OC
My 10U DD just started using the Miken Halo Light and really likes the bat. I have noted good pop when squared up. OK if not on sweet spot. No buzz in the hands for her on end of bat or on hands pitches. Hasn't seemed to slow her bat speed stepping up 1 inch and 1 oz from last yr. Really nice deadening on ball with bunts. She has had two bunts go 1/3 the way up 3B and die on the line. Ebay for $129 NIW free shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06