$100 Catchers Mitt for Dad -- Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Don’t skimp on a lesser glove
^This. We're all built differently, but almost everyone's hands are delicate and you'll need them for the rest of your life.

I use the Vinci myself and would have no problem going Nokona. If you must have brand-new, go with the Liberty. But if you're open to getting a quality used mitt, there are Vincis and Nokonas on the market that won't break the budget.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
^This. We're all built differently, but almost everyone's hands are delicate and you'll need them for the rest of your life.

I use the Vinci myself and would have no problem going Nokona. If you must have brand-new, go with the Liberty. But if you're open to getting a quality used mitt, there are Vincis and Nokonas on the market that won't break the budget.

There is no better hand protection than Vinci. Which also makes new ones an absolute monster to break in.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Momo's dad is right, catchers mitts.......well all gloves in general have different price points for a reason. I just went back and searched my email, I bought my All-Star CMW3000 on November 25th of 2014, I paid $169.99 for it. So roughly 3 months shy of 5 years. That glove cost me $34.00 a year to own, and I promise I got every dime and more out of it, money well spent!

If your DD is in this for the long haul, hand protection is paramount! I understand you're on a budget, but in the long run I promise you won't think twice about the extra $20 or $40 or even $60 extra you spent over a 4 or 5 year span!

Apr 28, 2019
Before anybody jumps.. went thru all the old posts lots of discontinued and lots of recommendations for more expensive gloves.

Would love to be able to spend more, but not an option at the moment. Need best bang for the buck before DD breaks my hand.

Contenders I have found... Under Armour Framer on Clearance for $69. Liberty Advanced for $120ish a stretch, but maybe possible. Boombah GR Veloci $99, and
an Akadema 34.5 that with some Dicks rewards and coupon could get right at $100.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.
I get e-mails from Akadema on specials, and auctions. I just got one for a catchers mitt. Pro Soft Elite blemish for $57. I checked their website and Pro Soft Elite goes for $259. I’m guessing this is a step below that mitt and has been discontinued. They have 6 left 33.5”. This is technically a baseball mitt but it’s plenty big enough for 12” softballs.
If you want to check it out send me your e-mail and I’ll shoot it over.

Apr 30, 2018
I appreciate all the info.. DD starts lessons in a couple of weeks and I know I'm gonna need something better sooner than later. Keep my eyes open for a deal and see how much we can stretch the budget.

Oct 7, 2015

$55. For me I tried so many fastpitch catchers mitts and none of them fit my hands. I went with a men's mitt that was comfortable to me. It's been great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA