$100 Catchers Mitt for Dad -- Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Before anybody jumps.. went thru all the old posts lots of discontinued and lots of recommendations for more expensive gloves.

Would love to be able to spend more, but not an option at the moment. Need best bang for the buck before DD breaks my hand.

Contenders I have found... Under Armour Framer on Clearance for $69. Liberty Advanced for $120ish a stretch, but maybe possible. Boombah GR Veloci $99, and
an Akadema 34.5 that with some Dicks rewards and coupon could get right at $100.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Feb 26, 2018
If you have a Play it Again Sports in your area, I would check them out first. They'll have some good deals going on right now too trying to get rid of their baseball/softball inventory.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Mizuno Franchise runs around $70. I've gotten a lot of use out of it. But if DD is "breaking your hand" you might want something with a little more padding.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
There are a couple of regular posters who have DDs finishing their TB careers this summer who may be interested in selling a used glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2018
Mizuno FP34. Though as said before, depending on DD speed might want something with a little more padding.

It's not that she's throwing that hard yet. But my current glove is a 13" Wilson a360 slowpitch glove that I would have better protection if I wrapped duct tape around my hand once.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The Liberty Advanced will continue to serve your needs for many, many years. You may find that a cheaper option won't provide the protection you will need pretty soon.

Apr 28, 2019
Before anybody jumps.. went thru all the old posts lots of discontinued and lots of recommendations for more expensive gloves.

Would love to be able to spend more, but not an option at the moment. Need best bang for the buck before DD breaks my hand.

Contenders I have found... Under Armour Framer on Clearance for $69. Liberty Advanced for $120ish a stretch, but maybe possible. Boombah GR Veloci $99, and
an Akadema 34.5 that with some Dicks rewards and coupon could get right at $100.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.
I have a 2015 Worth/Rawlings Liberty Advanced 34”. I paid $100 a few yrs back for it. Plenty of room for adult male hand
Bought daughter Rawlings Liberty Advanced last season and she loves it. I got it for $108 from HQ4Sports.
Don’t pay their asking price. Call stores and ask what their best price is. Some will lower the price and some won’t.
Don’t skimp on a lesser glove like Mizuno Franchise. We have one and it’s ok for slower pitchers but much less padding than LA.
There are many nice mitts out there for $100 and below. Just make sure they will fit your hand.
You may want to check local store with good variety of gloves and see what you like/fits. Then go get it online.
You may also want to check the classifieds on this site. There was a Vinci mitt for sale recently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles