“The New Bats Are So Fragile”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Welp, knew I’d jinx it 🤷‍♂️(Maybe). Last night DD noticed her GA is loose at the connection between the barrel and handle. If you hold the bat straight up by the handle with 2 hands and move it sideways you can feel the barrel wobble a bit. So in others experience, how much of a wobble is enough for a warranty return?

Oct 13, 2017
Welp, knew I’d jinx it 🤷‍♂️(Maybe). Last night DD noticed her GA is loose at the connection between the barrel and handle. If you hold the bat straight up by the handle with 2 hands and move it sideways you can feel the barrel wobble a bit. So in others experience, how much of a wobble is enough for a warranty return?
I didn’t bother to read through the whole thread, but I just had my DD’s GA replaced. Cracked on the barrel just before the one year mark. Easton was very easy as far as getting it replaced. The whole process from me to them and back was less than 2 weeks.
The day after i sent the bat out to Easton, she left her other bat (CF8) at the fields. Unfortunately somebody picked it up before we returned. I did however go ahead and pick her up a regular ghost for the mean time at Dicks, because I wasn’t sure how long the process would be.
For what it’s worth, the GA was super hot right before it cracked. I do believe if you want the best bat you can buy, you may forefeit some durability. Hence why the new spare is another Ghost. But I will say we had thousands of hits on the GA.

Aug 4, 2016
half the time the mechanics are poor at best.
Well, guess her mechanics aren't that bad if She is a junior that is committed to Arkansas. Don't ya'll have something better to do than bash a young girl the has probably never really experienced the snow? Maybe she was just playing around with her little brother, clearly she wasn't having real BP.

Apr 28, 2014
Well, guess her mechanics aren't that bad if She is a junior that is committed to Arkansas. Don't ya'll have something better to do than bash a young girl the has probably never really experienced the snow? Maybe she was just playing around with her little brother, clearly she wasn't having real BP.

Hi. I wasn't taking about your kid. I've never seen her swing and even if it was bad I wouldn't call it out on the internet. Good luck with your HS season!

Aug 4, 2016
Hi. I wasn't taking about your kid. I've never seen her swing and even if it was bad I wouldn't call it out on the internet. Good luck with your HS season!
It's not my kid, just commented because of all of the negative comments in this thread. Not sure why so many ppl are worried about something that isn't theirs. If their bat is fine great, no need to bash others if their bat broke. Personally speaking my daughter's ghost is currently showing beginning signs of it cracking. I don't let her use it when it's cold, so Ghosts are definitely breaking more than other bats nowadays. Not saying some aren't making poor choices, but they are definitely more fragile then bats in the past.

Apr 28, 2014
It's not my kid, just commented because of all of the negative comments in this thread. Not sure why so many ppl are worried about something that isn't theirs. If their bat is fine great, no need to bash others if their bat broke. Personally speaking my daughter's ghost is currently showing beginning signs of it cracking. I don't let her use it when it's cold, so Ghosts are definitely breaking more than other bats nowadays. Not saying some aren't making poor choices, but they are definitely more fragile then bats in the past.
Thanks for picking me to bash! Good for you and your daughter that she's going to the SEC.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Coming from hockey I guess I’m a little more used to the fact that higher end composite products are more susceptible to breaking. Dropping $300 on a high end hockey stick is common now. And those are used to not just shoot the puck but to literally whack other high end hockey sticks. To minimize weight, increase energy load/release, and provide feel from the blade up to the hands they end up being a bit more fragile than mid-to-bottom end models.

To me.....composite bats are the same way. You want the better feel, higher exit velocity, whatever...then there is a way to make that happen. It comes at a cost. Both to the wallet and potential longevity of the bat. Some people are fortunate and get a longer life cycle. Some don’t. You’re either willing to deal with it or you’re not.

Oct 4, 2018
I'm kinda on board with the "new year, new bat" concept. I figure if the girl plays 10 years I'll buy at least 10 bats.

May 21, 2018
I'm kinda on board with the "new year, new bat" concept. I figure if the girl plays 10 years I'll buy at least 10 bats.
I'm down with this. I probably get more excited about getting new bats and gloves than DD.

Before Covid I played in a couple of cover bands and used all my extra money to play golf and buy softball equipment. She plays volleyball too, but there isn't much cool sh*t to buy for that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles