Zepp Swing Analyzer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I think if you switch to the bat plane overhead view you see a good image of the bat angle at impact.

Another thing I like from the over head is seeing where DD hits the inside vs outside pitch. She is out by her stride foot on the inside pitch and definitely lets it travel on the outside. Of course after the hit everything out in front thread this is a contradiction.

Thank you.

All I see different between the "Bat Plane" and "Bat Path" is that the "Bat Plane" includes a shaded in visual between the hand path and bat path. Other than that I see virtually the same information.

I need to experiment with it a bit more.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The red area specifically indicates where the bat was shaky or vibrating (contact). Compare your cuts as a grown man to the younger girls. Their red area is much larger than yours will be. This is telling you that their contact was not as solid and a lot of the energy of the ball was absorbed into the bat rather than directly reflected back into the ball. This is how the service rep at Zepp explained it to me.

Makes sense.

The foot placement when setting up a batter needs to be sure to place the feet where the front foot LANDS at contact, not in the "ready" position. I made that mistake initially, and it looked as if every ball I hit was really deep in the plate, late, or was way outside.

Thank you. I've played around with these knobs. Not able to get the correct plane through this just yet. I plan to go back and test a few things. I have a theory I'd like to test.

Feb 18, 2014
Just checked Sports Authority website. They have this thing for about $115 after sales tax and shipping. Best deal I've seen by far.

I ordered from them on the 6th, they shipped on the 12th and cancelled the shipment on the 13th and had it shipped back to their warehouse. They couldn't give me a reason why. They offered to next business day it after a 2 to 3 day order process wait.

I cancelled the order and paid amazon 9$ extra to have it in my hands on the 14th.

Now I'm trying to figure it out. The documentation could be better.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FYI ... resolved the issue I had earlier.

To calibrate you need to remain in your stance, and still, for 3-secs.

In my earlier swings I wasn't pausing at this point. By adding a pause at this point for each swing, and then resuming from there, I was able to obtain what appears to look like a representative hand path and the proper barrel orientation at impact.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Be sure to calibrate at the start of every session. It should automatically promt you. To reiterate the red area conversation, try mixing up the type of balls your hitting. The difference between a tennis ball and a 12" ball is dramatic.

Oct 10, 2011
staying still

FYI ... resolved the issue I had earlier.

To calibrate you need to remain in your stance, and still, for 3-secs.

In my earlier swings I wasn't pausing at this point. By adding a pause at this point for each swing, and then resuming from there, I was able to obtain what appears to look like a representative hand path and the proper barrel orientation at impact.
We tried it tonight and I didn't tell her to stay still and she has active hands. I guess that's one of several reasons her bat path looked weird and her numbers were all over the place. I can't wait to get out again to adjust it.

Oct 25, 2009
Won't get my Zepp until tomorrow (good Lord willing and the ice don't slide). Curious as to what I might expect if we hit into a punching bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 10, 2011
bag

Won't get my Zepp until tomorrow (good Lord willing and the ice don't slide). Curious as to what I might expect if we hit into a punching bag?
I thought about doing that but I think your bat path would look terrible and the speed at impact would be off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30