Wrists? Bat drag? Understanding a high end swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS gif:
2ue6tmg.gif

Your DD's gif:
tumblr_nyak1gkwo01usf292o1_400.gif

HLMB Hitter:
2d1ka4l.gif

Some poster don't like to hear learn to 'turn the barrel towards the ball' but that's what this hitter needs to learn.
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...p-barrel-swing-flat-anonymous-fff-thread.html

Oh oh .... now you said it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If you wish to believe the barrel is dragged after the point that EricF stated, then go ahead and believe that. I simply disagree.

Based on what you have said in this thread, your opinion is that the bat is not being dragged at this point, is that correct?
BatDrag_003.jpg

How about this one? Is the bat being dragged here?...
images

Or here?...
images

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
that message looks like it got across DODL :) nice try anyway. Don't feel bad, you are not the first to try to point this out to Cliff only to have it fall on deaf ears. There is a pretty active underground PM hitting forum back channel that a lot of us use just to avoid the FiveFrameFactor....you can use that. It's like the tunnel system from Hogans Heroes used to avoid Colonel Klink. Just find some folks you trust and converse with them. Everyone else besides him is pretty generous with their time and advice. Someday he will be banned for being a general nuisance and the mole people can resurface into the sunlight but until he is gone both hitting forums will be closer to warzones.

Since you brought it up, your name comes up in PMs I receive ... and they are not favorable references.

Perhaps stick to the topic of hitting. You can do it if you try. It's not that hard.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Based on what you have said in this thread, your opinion is that the bat is not being dragged at this point, is that correct?
BatDrag_003.jpg

How about this one? Is the bat being dragged here?...
images

Or here?...
images

EricF, if you take note of my earlier posts in this thread, I believe I used the term "in a sense". When I get a chance I'll explain more. Technically, many of the 'bat drag' swings that folks report here, are not actually 'dragged'. Some are, many are not. That said, the solution remains the same.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Since you brought it up, your name comes up in PMs I receive ... and they are not favorable references.

Perhaps stick to the topic of hitting. You can do it if you try. It's not that hard.

Classic...the old Five Frame Flip around....as if you were talking hitting all along. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands for a guy that was just saying they are swamped.

Aug 26, 2015
If you wish to believe the barrel is dragged after the point that EricF stated, then go ahead and believe that. I simply disagree.

Don't fool yourself into believing that many others aren't getting the information correct. I routinely receive communications from people confirming that they are getting the information correct.

I used quite a few more words that I generally do in a post. However, none of the words I used could even be remotely considered congruent with the statements you made that are bold. I already admitted (probably in a tone that is too harsh on myself, which is a character flaw I admit to) that I'm new to softball. New = stupid. Sure there are nicer ways to put it, but since I'm talking about myself, I can be self-deprecating without stepping on anyone's toes.

I'm glad you mentioned it, though because it is quite expository. You also said you digress. I 100% agree with that. You were given an opportunity to grow and you chose to digress by attempting to deflect from my post. As mentioned in my post quite succinctly, I expected as much, regrettably. Additionally, I stated that the sentiment to help you won't be extended. I tend to keep my word, so thanks for being you.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Classic...the old Five Frame Flip around....as if you were talking hitting all along. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands for a guy that was just saying they are swamped.

Yeah, that's it JJs ... a flip flop ... pretend that your posts are targeted on hitting ... that seriously has me laughing out loud.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I used quite a few more words that I generally do in a post. However, none of the words I used could even be remotely considered congruent with the statements you made that are bold. I already admitted (probably in a tone that is too harsh on myself, which is a character flaw I admit to) that I'm new to softball. New = stupid. Sure there are nicer ways to put it, but since I'm talking about myself, I can be self-deprecating without stepping on anyone's toes.

I'm glad you mentioned it, though because it is quite expository. You also said you digress. I 100% agree with that. You were given an opportunity to grow and you chose to digress by attempting to deflect from my post. As mentioned in my post quite succinctly, I expected as much, regrettably. Additionally, I stated that the sentiment to help you won't be extended. I tend to keep my word, so thanks for being you.

I thought a point of your post was that you felt my communication was not effective. What I'm telling you is that I receive a good deal of feedback from folks confirming that they are getting the information correct. That is sufficient for me to continue on the path I've chosen.

Aug 26, 2015
I thought a point of your post was that you felt my communication was not effective. What I'm telling you is that I receive a good deal of feedback from folks confirming that they are getting the information correct. That is sufficient for me to continue on the path I've chosen.

(in my best FFS impersonation)...Your interpretation method is wrong!

Clearly your ability to read and interpret is suspect. Narcissism is sufficient for you to continue on your path. Reading is fundamental. Understanding what you read is next on the list, though. Start "searching out" answers on that and you'll be well on your way.

Aug 26, 2015
that message looks like it got across DODL :) nice try anyway. Don't feel bad, you are not the first to try to point this out to Cliff only to have it fall on deaf ears. There is a pretty active underground PM hitting forum back channel that a lot of us use just to avoid the FiveFrameFactor....you can use that. It's like the tunnel system from Hogans Heroes used to avoid Colonel Klink. Just find some folks you trust and converse with them. Everyone else besides him is pretty generous with their time and advice. Someday he will be banned for being a general nuisance and the mole people can resurface into the sunlight but until he is gone both hitting forums will be closer to warzones.

I don't feel bad. I'm just more of a "deal with it and nip it in the bud" type of guy. So, I have a suggestion. Instead of ducking and dodging him when people want help, why not just make a thread about who FFS really is IN the tech hitting forum. Then, whenever he begins doing what he does, anyone can simply post "FFS being FFS" and add a link to THAT thread. Why avoid? I say let's expose! Everyone here has the same general expectation to share differences without the threat of weirdness. And the weirdness of one shouldn't send us scurrying to some back channel somewhere. DFP is much too awesome for that.