Wow! High School Softball Contract

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2013
Well done! Maybe it is just me but it seems that kids today have much better BS detection skills and higher expectations over the kids I coached many years ago.

Agreed. I don't think kids are necessarily as lazy or as entitled as some of us think. I think they have strong ideas on when they are or are not being treated fairly.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It's not and I highly doubt it's 6 miles. But it makes a titillating story. It's why Nancy Grace still has a job.

All comes down to your definition of a "pole". Typically it is from foul pole to foul pole along the outfield fence. Assuming from 1 foul pole to another is counted as 1, and a 200' field, if you do the math 100 "poles" it is just shy of six miles.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
All comes down to your definition of a "pole". Typically it is from foul pole to foul pole along the outfield fence. Assuming from 1 foul pole to another is counted as 1, and a 200' field, if you do the math 100 "poles" it is just shy of six miles.

Which brings up the next question. What are the "hills" they are running? A small hill on the side of the school, or Mt Everest?

This is starting to make me think the larger number is there to make it less attractive and seem more harsh, but the distance is less than we are lead to believe. My DD has been clocked throwing 98, but the sad fact is that's in KPH. 98 sounds better.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Given the excessive nature of the consequences I expect it is more BS and bluster than true expectations. Which of course becomes a real issue once there is a transgression and the punishment as described is not delivered at which point any remaining credibility goes out the window.

Jul 9, 2009
IL

It all comes down to reality, not "my" definition. It appears know one here has any idea what that is so instead lets fill in the blanks with gibberish.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom