Wilson Shock FX 2.0

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2013
I think Avila has the worst luck with getting hit in the mask. It may end up shortening his career from all of the concussions. He switched to the titanium mask for part of the season last year and I think it was actually worse as it directed most of the impact force back into his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHKSaV8DsXw#t=56

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I'll just reiterate...both my DDs are still using the Shock FX, just got a new one for the 18U to match her team colors. She's tried several and keeps coming back to the Wilson.

The 12U wanted to go with all Samurai equipment when we got her last set, but she did not like the mask at all. She stuck with the Wilson even though "it doesn't match".

Aug 2, 2011
My daughter just stepped up to 12U for fall ball, and I purchased this helmet for her. Before that she was using the Easton Natural. We tried a bunch of helmets and returned them all including the Diamond mask. She love the Wilson! She is small and the weight seemed lighter than the others. The increased visibility was the best feature.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My daughter just stepped up to 12U for fall ball, and I purchased this helmet for her. Before that she was using the Easton Natural. We tried a bunch of helmets and returned them all including the Diamond mask. She love the Wilson! She is small and the weight seemed lighter than the others. The increased visibility was the best feature.

Good feedback! Thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles