Why are you here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Back in the day......and not long ago people came here to learn, discuss softball, and as I repeat learn. It was awesome and everyone was welcome.

Fast forward a bit........seems like fewer are really interested in helping others out. More seem to want to come here to make a statement, call others out, point fingers, or whatever. Likely the outcome of the escalation of social media. The downside is we have lost a ton of members who really know what they were talking about. The best of the best for the most part left and won't come back. Now we have a high population of folks that just want to argue with one another. I am at fault in this as well.... if someone attacks me I get real defensive as I will absolutely not let that go. That is my fault and I ADMIT it. You come at me and you will not win is my mindset. That is not right and completely wrong and I am trying to change that. For those I have pissed off, I am truly sorry! We are a community, a softball community and I want to help everyone that I can. I hope everyone else thinks the same but I realize that is a stretch.

I have spent countless hours on the phone, face time, video chats, etc with many. And I LOVE it and I love helping. Do I have all the answer?, Not even close but I get closer every day. @sluggers has all the answers but can't get him and @Hillhouse to dinner to figure them out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With all the above said....kinda like Jerry Maguire's Mission Statement..... why are you here?

Are you helping? Are you here to help? Are you here to learn? If so then please stay and help build the softball community!

If you are here to argue, call others out, insult one another, etc. Then please leave and get an account on Redditt or something.

Again, I am far from perfect but love this game. If I upset you then DM me and let me know. I will buy you a cold beer and we can look past it. Let's make this place better. Like it was back in the day.....

S3
For me, I debated staying after DD went to College but then I felt I still had something to contribute and some more about her decision to attend an SA (D1 and DIII recruited player) and play what was offered which was club ball. She ended up on the back to back NCSA championship team. She graduated last Friday from USNA and I don't know what I have to contribute now, other than a few antidotes from a few years back. Weird in a way but I guess this is my opus. It's been instructional, fun and I wouldn't trade softball with DD for a million bucks. Perhaps ten. There are some great people here. People that seemed to take a genuine interest in seeing your DD improve and move up. To them and you know who you are, many thanks.

See you all in the funny pages.
Insidepitch
Pat McNulla , 12's dad

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
For me I came here to learn and get better which I am serious about. Been a pitching coach for about 15 years. Head coach for just as long but have a real interest in pitching to be honest.

I looked at this site for years before I decided to finally sign up and create a username as I didn't have any interest in posting. Just wanted to learn to be honest.

But as I have been here for several years ( a few years now as a true member) I have learned a ton. What a great community of people who try to help. Most are very helpful and provide encouragement and for this reason I come back to this site as often as possible. I want to keep it alive and going as softball is growing.

But, as with any site we have people that have their own agenda. Some want to learn, some want to help, and others want to create chaos. More of the latter these days but great post @STRIKE3!

Hopefully it will help and I am completely guilty of calling those out who are in the latter. Too many good ones here but will try to help clean this site up a bit the best way I can.

Thank you for your post and I hope others will take it to heart.

Jul 31, 2015
My DD’s pitching career was saved by the DFP thread on quad dominance. (if you search “hyperarch mechanism” and spend three days reading while rubbing your eyes it all becomes clear.)

I’ve shared our family’s journey and would like to help others.

Plus, someone needs to be on hand to tell 14U parents to CTFD. 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi