Why are you here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I think I try to honestly help out others here. The best I can. Try to avoid the back and forth banter for the most part. Also am here to learn.

Oct 4, 2018
Any google search on anything slightly abnormal about softball will show a link to this place. Because this place has discussed everything and has solid, real advice on anything and everything.

... and once you get here and recognize how much the membership knows and can share, you tend to stay.

And yes, people online are jerks. I blame the 2016 election cycle.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Any google search on anything slightly abnormal about softball will show a link to this place.

Because this place has discussed everything and has solid, real advice on anything and everything.

... and once you get here and recognize how much the membership knows and can share, you tend to stay.

And yes, people online are jerks. I blame the 2016 election cycle.
:) humor button ON

What are you really saying about this place?

In all seriousness...agree!

Favorite part of DFP is~
The website exhibits how diverse SOFTBALL is! (has become)
Truely something for everyone in SOFTBALL!

Jul 29, 2016
I usually come here to vent, and when I do that, I pole around a little bit. My daughter is committed to a D3 school now with another year to go before she goes to college. We still have lots to complain about, but at the end of the day, it has all worker out about as well as we could expect.

Oct 4, 2018
... and I do feel like some of why long-timers have left is that they're just not involved in softball as much as their DD's move on in life.

While my DD is playing softball I can see coming here a lot. When she's done, not sure if I will.

May 20, 2016
Joined in 2016 when DD was 9 and learning to pitch. Have learned a ton here. Lots of sharp folks. She'll be pitching in her first HS Sectional game in her freshman year of HS tonight.

Ended up here from a local guy who got her started at 8YO. His DD will be catching her tonight in the game.

Journeys in life are strange.

Jan 22, 2011
A good friend/coaching mentor pointed me to this website about two months before I started coaching DD's 6u team in 2011. I showed up to the first practice with a 90 minute 10u-B level practice plan that I got through about 1/4 of with my DD's team in their one hour practice.

I went about two years with out posting much, but I try to be helpful and answer questions. I do admit to occasionally getting snarkly at young whippersnappers who throw shade at Cannonball or Brush Interference/IR. CB has offered to send me some of his coaching notes.

I've had the honor of briefly meeting in person Ken Krause, Bill Hillhouse, Eric_F, Ken Bergen, Doug Romrell, Sweet Lou, 1bucketmom, CalRays, and CoachJames. I think I met Crystal at the Indiana Pitching Coach's Woodstock event, but I'm not 100pct sure.

Found Jay Weaver, Rich Balswick, Austin Wasserman, Rick Pauly, Howard Kobata, and Javasource here. My DD has worked with all but Rick, though he has graciously analyzed video of her pitching and sent me video resources. Rick answered a question of mine last week and Rich has graciously offered to squeeze my DD into his lesson schedule this fall after my DD un-retires after a 2.5 year break from pitching.

My friend pointed me in the direction of Bill Hillhouse before DFP, so I didn't totally teach my DD to pitch wrong. You are in softball heaven when in the course of a week, Bill Hillhouse, Rich Balswick, and Howard Kobata post comments on your facebook page.

Been trying to bring Bill to my area to give lessons for 5 years, but things haven't worked out with the facilities I tried. Still hoping to do it someday!

I also bought a 33" drop 10 CF6 from NVFishing for my daughter to use as an USSSA bat/backup bat that she still has 3 years ago.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
originally came here because I got drafted to coach 8u coach pitch softball (it was that or DD2 played a third year of tball, might have ruined her forever), came to learn. coaching days are done for now (when DD2 is done, might volunteer in rec leagues, or possibly umpire)

have also used this site to vent, get advice, and just stay current on what is up with sport (DD2 does not really "follow" the sport, but loves to watch games on TV, but this WCWS, her schedule has not allowed much, what we have seen has been awesome, and heard about even more here).

try to be helpful when I can, if any snark has crept in, well, as I tell DW, you knew I was a sarcastic SOB when you married me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi