Why are you here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Back in the day......and not long ago people came here to learn, discuss softball, and as I repeat learn. It was awesome and everyone was welcome.

Fast forward a bit........seems like fewer are really interested in helping others out. More seem to want to come here to make a statement, call others out, point fingers, or whatever. Likely the outcome of the escalation of social media. The downside is we have lost a ton of members who really know what they were talking about. The best of the best for the most part left and won't come back. Now we have a high population of folks that just want to argue with one another. I am at fault in this as well.... if someone attacks me I get real defensive as I will absolutely not let that go. That is my fault and I ADMIT it. You come at me and you will not win is my mindset. That is not right and completely wrong and I am trying to change that. For those I have pissed off, I am truly sorry! We are a community, a softball community and I want to help everyone that I can. I hope everyone else thinks the same but I realize that is a stretch.

I have spent countless hours on the phone, face time, video chats, etc with many. And I LOVE it and I love helping. Do I have all the answer?, Not even close but I get closer every day. @sluggers has all the answers but can't get him and @Hillhouse to dinner to figure them out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With all the above said....kinda like Jerry Maguire's Mission Statement..... why are you here?

Are you helping? Are you here to help? Are you here to learn? If so then please stay and help build the softball community!

If you are here to argue, call others out, insult one another, etc. Then please leave and get an account on Redditt or something.

Again, I am far from perfect but love this game. If I upset you then DM me and let me know. I will buy you a cold beer and we can look past it. Let's make this place better. Like it was back in the day.....

S3

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Second the sentiment @STRIKE3. I love this discussion board--it's basically taken over a good part of my life--and have learned a tremendous amount from the silverbacks here and others still going through it, like me. I look forward to learning as much as I can about this great game and to help out others if I can, as many have helped me (and, by extension, my DD).

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I ended up here from a random google search. DD started softball three years ago and so I’ve done everything I can to get up to speed.

It started with reading and learning. Then I decided to create an account and participate. The cool thing is that the more I’ve participated the more I’ve learned.

I definitely don’t want anything to do with the “drama” conversations but those happen on any forum. I’d imagine anyone who spends time on here is someone who is passionate about the sport or their DD’s involvement in it. This often brings with it strong opinions.

I’m very appreciative of DFP and what those before me have provided. As well as those who have responded with my ask of feedback. It’s truly helped this Dad with his DD’s journey.

And no one I interact daily with understands softball. So this is often my conversation outlet -

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Second the sentiment @STRIKE3. I love this discussion board--it's basically taken over a good part of my life--and have learned a tremendous amount from the silverbacks here and others still going through it, like me. I look forward to learning as much as I can about this great game and to help out others if I can, as many have helped me (and, by extension, my DD).
Traps,, you are a good egg for sure!!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I ended up here from a random google search. DD started softball three years ago and so I’ve done everything I can to get up to speed.

It started with reading and learning. Then I decided to create an account and participate. The cool thing is that the more I’ve participated the more I’ve learned.

I definitely don’t want anything to do with the “drama” conversations but those happen on any forum. I’d imagine anyone who spends time on here is someone who is passionate about the sport or their DD’s involvement in it. This often brings with it strong opinions.

I’m very appreciative of DFP and what those before me have provided. As well as those who have responded with my ask of feedback. It’s truly helped this Dad with his DD’s journey.

And no one I interact daily with understands softball. So this is often my conversation outlet -
Hunter, you are as well. Keep your contributions coming. Lucky to have you here!!

S3

Apr 12, 2015
If you are here to argue, call others out, insult one another, etc. Then please leave and get an account on Redditt or something.

Nice post. There seem to be more about here recently that aren't worth engaging with other than with an eyeroll and move on.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Share softball perspectives and experiences with others who do the same to hopefully continue growing softball.

Much appreciate the opportunity on DFP to
Share workout training video for others!

Great collection of softball resources here!

As too personalities and tone
Hope everyone can enjoy good sportmanship & camaraderie.
Log on looking for good reads, dab of humor, add a piece of knowledge, ask a question, share a story, mostly interact knowing we all have good intentions...and look forward to the softball communication adventure DFP is :)

GOOD INTENTIONS 👍

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve enjoyed for years helping dads (and moms) out with glove questions, and I know over the years I’ve put a LOT of gloves on girls hands!

At one point I used to get so many glove question PM’s it got to where it was difficult to keep up! Guess those days are finally over as I don’t get anywhere near the PM’s I used to get!

Now…..I’m just here to make sure pattar stays inline! ;)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I’ve enjoyed for years helping dads (and moms) out with glove questions, and I know over the years I’ve put a LOT of gloves on girls hands!

At one point I used to get so many glove question PM’s it got to where it was difficult to keep up! Guess those days are finally over as I don’t get anywhere near the PM’s I used to get!

Now…..I’m just here to make sure pattar stays inline! ;)
I speak of you to softball people about being on this website as the glove resource guy...
Just know :) people are reading!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi