Which one would go farther?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Great link 5. A lot of good info about baseballs and bats at MLB velosities. Have any softball/bat collision data?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
votto-camps-2.png

what does he do with his wrists from this point?

from here... https://redscamps.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/votto-camps-2.png

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The wrists should be attempting to work the barrel from Radial deviation to ulnar deviation.

One should avoid trying to purposely supinate unless trying to dump the barrel ..

TDS in your post you mention "attempting to work the barrel" Five says "do nothing".

When i look at the Ortiz clip i see supination, not so much in the bottom clip, but it could be the angle.

Release i get if you first 'fire" the hands then release, this is what i feel. Ortiz seems to be "all in" from the get go.

The loading of the barrel and hands to get to the moment of truth 2, is the resisting, fire the hands then release?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS in your post you mention "attempting to work the barrel" Five says "do nothing".

When i look at the Ortiz clip i see supination, not so much in the bottom clip, but it could be the angle.

Release i get if you first 'fire" the hands then release, this is what i feel. Ortiz seems to be "all in" from the get go.

The loading of the barrel and hands to get to the moment of truth 2, is the resisting, fire the hands then release?

Supination will happen as a result of the hands working the barrel.

This is working the barrel

The arms are trying to support the barrel being worked within the S-plane vs turning them out of the S-plane.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Unfortunately, the movement I would like to compare is not in the Bonds gif. Seems as though his hands are not visible at the point I want to see them. Just curious what you see?

One should avoid trying to purposely supinate unless trying to dump the barrel ..

I was just wanted to see if the 'supinate/supiantion was the same or not. I didn't/don't see how that would lead to 'barrel dump'. I'm sorry it cut off the bottom of the swing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207