Where Do I start with My 10yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hi all, My DD just turned 10 and I feel has some potential at the plate..(but of course I am bias on the matter LOL)

I just need some feed back on where to start with her. I have been watching a lot of videos and have been stressing the sequence with her.

Trying to keep her relaxed and then get weight back and then moving forward. Anything you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

I just got her a new bat because she out grew the last one. She is 5'1 and about 110 lbs. She was using a 30/17.5 and just made jump to 32/20. I have a 31/19 in garage from a friend if i need it.

This is with a 30/20 bat. Replaced it shortly after I took this video.

Thank you all again for taking the time to take a look and help Her (US) out!

-Andrew

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Not that knowledgeable as most posters,but will look when get home.Blocked at work.Maybe someone will post a clip/gif of her swing?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Hips, then hands. It is essentially 2 moves, that will then blend together. Have her work on beginning the swing, with the hips and then hold up and not swing. With the grass knee high :), it is hard to see the back foot. But that will improve when she understands that the hips are what moves the back foot, not the opposite.

Forget the light weight bats and use the 30,20. She is capable of smacking the ball, but she needs some weight in her bat.

Hips, then hands. It is essentially 2 moves, that will then blend together. Have her work on beginning the swing, with the hips and then hold up and not swing. With the grass knee high :), it is hard to see the back foot. But that will improve when she understands that the hips are what moves the back foot, not the opposite.

Forget the light weight bats and use the 30,20. She is capable of smacking the ball, but she needs some weight in her bat.

Amy, Thank you I will keep pushing that.

Unfortunately grass is the homeowners associations problem... I will get some better film of her over the weekend and then post it up.

Thank you again!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Her hands fly past the rear hip on the swing. Upper body power generated swing.
I posted a slow motion video of my dd showing the sequence.
I would do some of those in a mirror to get a visual of what happens in slow motion.
I believe Bouldersdad posted one of his daughter doing one.
We both trained with the same guy, his video might be abit different but same principle of sequence of actions.

Good Luck

SL

Her hands fly past the rear hip on the swing. Upper body power generated swing.
I posted a slow motion video of my dd showing the sequence.
I would do some of those in a mirror to get a visual of what happens in slow motion.
I believe Bouldersdad posted one of his daughter doing one.
We both trained with the same guy, his video might be abit different but same principle of sequence of actions.

Good Luck

SL

SL do you have the link for your DD slowmo video?

And thank you!

Jan 25, 2011
now you are getting some good advice, Amy & STL are a crowd favorite:D, I paused your daughters swing at the 1 second mark and you can see what STL and Amy are talking about. Her hands or arms are out in front of her and her hips,hips really havent even moved. I would suggest doing what STL has said and go watch a post of his daughter. Start from the ground and work your way up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole