When Talent Doesn't Work Hard...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Almost every year I get that senior that decides she has done enough to maintain her position for the upcoming year, only to get out worked and hustled by an underclassmen. Often, You will work harder to climb to the top of the mountain than to stay on top of the mountain. Fighting human nature I guess

Hey, Rocky, you lost the Eye of the Tiger

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD finally got the message when she first started playing college ball. Began to workout and throw 6 days a week. The results have been pretty good. Next year as a Junior she will need to take it to a whole new level or she will not be there as a Senior. :)

Jun 7, 2013
My DD finally got the message when she first started playing college ball. Began to workout and throw 6 days a week. The results have been pretty good. Next year as a Junior she will need to take it to a whole new level or she will not be there as a Senior. :)

I hope that my DD gets the message. If I can only teach her one more thing before she goes off to college in a couple of years is the benefit of putting in that extra work. Being willing and able to go that extra mile helps with sports, school, work and life in general. It'd be a good lesson to learn.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I hope that my DD gets the message. If I can only teach her one more thing before she goes off to college in a couple of years is the benefit of putting in that extra work. Being willing and able to go that extra mile helps with sports, school, work and life in general. It'd be a good lesson to learn.

The greatest personal growth comes when our kids invest that "extra mile" in things that they, not just their parents, are passionate about. For some, softball might not be one of those things.

Feb 23, 2015
Texas
I get frustrated with my youngest for this very reason. She has more natural talent than my oldest. The difference is that my oldest works VERY hard and wants to get better. My youngest wants to just skate by, but then whines because she doesn't play her preferred position. I keep telling her that if she puts in the work like her older sister, she could be phenomenal. Then, I get in trouble for comparing her to her older sister. FRUSTRATING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207