When did your DD first throw 60 mph?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I'm guessing I know who that PC is (very well-known in this area), and to put it bluntly, everybody knows his radar gun reads at least 5-7 MPH fast. It's a great way to make money. There is no way he has 8 freshmen throwing 65+.

Not sure it's the same person. His radar gun and my Pocket Coach Radar got the same speed for my DD.

May 18, 2009
If they aren't hitting 60 by age five then it's time to hang up the cleats and grab some pom poms! DD is 12 and just broke 50.

Sep 29, 2014
My daughters old PC radar guns his students bi-weekly. Here are a list of kids who hit 60mph. He has students from NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD area.

Class of 2021: 1
Class of 2020: 8 (1 65+mph)
Class of 2019: 7 (1 65+mph)
Class of 2018: 16 (1 65+mph)
Class of 2017: 22 (1 70+mph, 2 65+mph)

Must be doing some group lessons there...one hour lessons would be 54 hours a week and I am assuming these kids actually go to school so he fits his lesson in between 4pm and 8pm plus Saturdays? there is not even that many hours available? and at a super discount of $30 per hour that's $85K per year pretty nice living for youth pitching coach? I'm with [MENTION=2415]ScottyDont[/MENTION] on this one in throwing the BS flag on mph stats as well; I know CT is a small sample size but our Gatorade POY last year was a stud I watched her junior and senior year lead her team to state and she was sub 65, I'm just not buying it average DI pitchers are not throwing 65 and and that one coach has six, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Now that is not saying he is working with a talented group of girls many of whom probably throw over 60 sometimes but my guess is most of them are cruising just below an he has a "friendly" radar gun :D

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Must be doing some group lessons there...one hour lessons would be 54 hours a week and I am assuming these kids actually go to school so he fits his lesson in between 4pm and 8pm plus Saturdays? there is not even that many hours available? and at a super discount of $30 per hour that's $85K per year pretty nice living for youth pitching coach? I'm with [MENTION=2415]ScottyDont[/MENTION] on this one in throwing the BS flag on mph stats as well; I know CT is a small sample size but our Gatorade POY last year was a stud I watched her junior and senior year lead her team to state and she was sub 65, I'm just not buying it average DI pitchers are not throwing 65 and and that one coach has six, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Now that is not saying he is working with a talented group of girls many of whom probably throw over 60 sometimes but my guess is most of them are cruising just below an he has a "friendly" radar gun :D

Yes he does group lessons. $150 for 6 one hour classes. On Saturday and Sunday he starts at 4pm and has different levels of classes based on the pitchers skill level until 9pm at night. During the week he starts at 6pm and goes to 9pm. In my daughters level 1 beginner class there were 10-15 kids each Sunday. When she moved up to intermediate, there were 15-20 kids. The advanced at 7pm looked like there were maybe 7-10 kids. I never stayed for the 8 and 9 pm classes.

We moved to a different PC, but I watched him for 2 years do the radar gun and even caught some of the kids he gunned and he would show me the results as they happened. He tracked every result. If he said a kid hit 60, I believe him.

EDIT: Like I said earlier, he gunned my daughter in the 42-46 mph range. When I gunned her using pocket radar coach, I get the same readings. The pocket radar coach has been said to be 1-2 mph SLOWER than most guns, so take it for what it's worth. I'm sure you could just find he has lessons at, show up at 9pm and watch the girls throw if you need confirmation. He does lessons in Northern Jersey so CT shouldn't be too far a drive.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Sorry if this has been covered as I don't have the fortitude to read all of the posts in this thread, but throwing 60+ at a lesson and
throwing 60+ in a game sometimes are 2 different things. This is the defining factor between
a practice pitcher and a gamer.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Sorry....since this thread continues on, I couldn't resist. Overhand or underhand pitching? Overhand DD reached 60+ MPH several years ago after Austin Wasserman came out with his ebook. Underhand pitching...she is 17 and is throwing 58 MPH, but then again...she's a catcher now so....

Still has great control though;)

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Yes he does group lessons. $150 for 6 one hour classes. On Saturday and Sunday he starts at 4pm and has different levels of classes based on the pitchers skill level until 9pm at night. During the week he starts at 6pm and goes to 9pm. In my daughters level 1 beginner class there were 10-15 kids each Sunday. When she moved up to intermediate, there were 15-20 kids. The advanced at 7pm looked like there were maybe 7-10 kids. I never stayed for the 8 and 9 pm classes.

We moved to a different PC, but I watched him for 2 years do the radar gun and even caught some of the kids he gunned and he would show me the results as they happened. He tracked every result. If he said a kid hit 60, I believe him.

EDIT: Like I said earlier, he gunned my daughter in the 42-46 mph range. When I gunned her using pocket radar coach, I get the same readings. The pocket radar coach has been said to be 1-2 mph SLOWER than most guns, so take it for what it's worth. I'm sure you could just find he has lessons at, show up at 9pm and watch the girls throw if you need confirmation. He does lessons in Northern Jersey so CT shouldn't be too far a drive.

Thanks for the post. At those speeds and at those ages D1 schools would be/are all over them and will take the gamble. So, in regards to the 2020 class you mentioned. Do you know where these 8 girls (guessing 14 years old) are committed (verbally) to? 65+ at 14 years old will absolutely get you a verbal pretty much anywhere you want to go so would love to know where they are going. Please share when you can.

Thanks,

S3

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the post. At those speeds and at those ages D1 schools would be/are all over them and will take the gamble. So, in regards to the 2020 class you mentioned. Do you know where these 8 girls (guessing 14 years old) are committed (verbally) to? 65+ at 14 years old will absolutely get you a verbal pretty much anywhere you want to go so would love to know where they are going. Please share when you can.

Thanks,

S3

Not sure where. My DD doesn't use the PC anymore. I did some checking and the 2017 girl who threw 70 verballed to Monmouth and the two 2017 girls who threw 65, one verballed to Binghamton U, the other I think verballed to South Carolina. The 2020 who threw 65 has not verballed anywhere yet. Most of his pitchers go to NE regional schools like Central Connecticut State, LIU, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1