What's the Worst Thing An Opposing Team Did?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
When we were in 14u we were playing a rival organization. We played in the fall and graciously got up butts kicked in a scrimmage double header (14-1 & 16-2). In the spring we played them at thir home tournament and won Saturday in the last inning on a dropped ball by the center fielder.

Sunday rolls around and we face them in the semi's, we are up 1-0 in the bottom of the 7th and thier player steals 3rd base. The player stealing was mad about the tag and started punching & kicking my 3rd baseman in the ankle (which mind you had a brace on becasue she had just heeled a broken ankle). The umpire came running over and scolded the player at which time coach starts arguing that his players emotions are high becuase our parents cheered when their player dropped a fly ball the day before. (i think they were more cheering for the win but ok.

The tournament director is called, their player is given a warning & my parents are given a warning for mocking players the previous day.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The one thing that comes to mind was the HC who complained to the umps and then tried to protest a game because my dd was wearing her insulin pump while pitching. What he was really mad about was my dd came in in relief to strike out the side in the bottom of 8th inning to preserve the win

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
The only time I have been really really close to calling a HbP, we were playing this team that we had faced several times before. I knew we could steal on the catcher at will. 1st steal, the SS goes for the throw and lands on my player knees her in the chest. Second girl that steals, same thing happens but knees her in the thigh. Third player that steals, this time she comes down hard on her head. Next girl that steals, as she is getting up from her slide the SS shoves her, she lands on her back off the base. I finally approach the HP (1 umpire game) and ask have you been seeing what I have been seeing? She says yes, that is why I called time... Uh What?

I can understand the first play, things happen. Maybe even the 2nd play as both throws were taking the SS towards 1B... but the 3rd time, then the shove?

Jun 11, 2013
Had a girl on other team dive into second trying to steal. She was tagged out. As she jumped up she hit our SS in the chin with her helmet. Kid was bleeding pretty bad. As the runner was coming off the field heard from dugout, "way to hurt her (name) ". I don't think the kids did it on purpose, but it was pretty classless.

I do admit once in 10U Rec, I joked to my DD to hit the first batter to loosen them up. I was kidding and she knew it. She didn't throw hard and could hit her spots if the spots were 3 feet by 3 feet. Game starts, first pitch hits the batter in the back (It could just as easily been 3 feet outside). She looked over at me and I had to walk away because I couldn't stop laughing. If the other team noticed this I might have made the list.

Jul 31, 2011
The coach of the opposing team was ejected from the game. He was upset that his team continued playing the game without listening to his instructions from the stands. He became so angry that he started throwing water bottles over the dugout fence at his own players. Slamming full water bottles at a bunch of 13 year old girls. Funny thing is....I think he is still coaching.

Jun 22, 2008
The coach of the opposing team was ejected from the game. He was upset that his team continued playing the game without listening to his instructions from the stands. He became so angry that he started throwing water bottles over the dugout fence at his own players. Slamming full water bottles at a bunch of 13 year old girls. Funny thing is....I think he is still coaching.

Ejected coach should not even be on the grounds. It means completely out of sight, sound and off the complex.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I've seen a few incidents of taunting a pitcher, which I think is classless. Of course, there have always got to be some teams who have no interest in class.

Just this past Spring season, ran into a team that began chanting, "pitcher has a big butt, big butt, pitcher has a big butt, big butt!" while we were on defense. The coaches and parents joined in on the chant, too. My pitcher was a bit big for her age, and she was painfully shy, and very embarrassed by the chant. But, like the stone-cold assassin pitcher she was, she settled down and shut them down.

Did I mention this was 8u?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug