What's the Worst Thing An Opposing Team Did?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
Last night at a doubleheader that our team swept, a fan from the opposing team threw rocks at our HC, who was coaching third base, and hit him in the head twice. No serious injury per se but it was quite antagonizing to our entire team. The HC confronted the fans, not knowing whom the individual was, but they denied anyone was throwing anything. So, I ask, what's the worst thing an opposing team has done?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
That's complete bs!!!
We played a team of loud mouthed, unsportsmanlike, bullies. They never shut up with personal insults and digs. One girl even tried to instigate a fist fight when she was tagged out while trying to steal third.
After the game (they won 5-6) they all met in the circle and invited our team for a prayer?!?!?! Everyone was like " ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?"

Dec 7, 2011
Wayyyy back in LL in regionals in MO an absolute classless team from Kentucky thought it was good sportsmanship to scream right when our pitcher pitched while also, using bats, bang violently on the dugout fence and roof. It was insane. The ump was overwhelmed. He finally told the "team" to stop the insanity but then the equally classless families & friends in the stands got angry that their team was scolded and they decided it was their responsibility to pick up where the team left off.

Conclusion => So unneccessary. Police were called. Games delayed. A few thrown out of the park. Cool thing was all the rest of the teams there wanted to punch the Kentucky folks in the nose too as they also knew what a bunch of d-bags they were from their games......

(Note the next year at the same regionals the Kentucky state offering could not have been more different. Those were great folks. Proves you can have d-bags organizations in ANY state)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My team was about 11 and it was LL. The team we were playing, had a couple of old bats. I offered them ours. My catcher was known as Slider and she could fly. She walked and went directly to 2nd base. The pitcher threw the ball into center field and Slider scored.

With that, their whole team started yelling racial slurs at us.

I forfeited and sat my girls down and told them to "Be quiet and wait until your parent walks over to get you." I started to pick up the equipment, when someone from my bench yells "Shut your mouth!" at our opponents.

I come unglued. I yelled "I just told everyone of you to shut up! Now, who said that?" There was total silence and then, one little girl said "Coach, it was Caitlin." Yep, my DD.

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
When I was in high school one of our infielders was hit right below the throat on her upper chest by a line drive and the opposing team's parents/fans started to clap when she hit the ground and the bench started to laugh....needless to say our team and parents went wild and flipped out.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
After I called a time out while on offense, a woman fan from the opposing team yelled to me, "How many time outs are you going to take?" I simply responded, "As many as I have to take."

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I've seen a few incidents of taunting a pitcher, which I think is classless. Of course, there have always got to be some teams who have no interest in class.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207