What Were Your Best Bang For Buck Purchases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
and the biggest Bang for the Buck without question is DFP Membership

This ^^^!!! The power of shared knowledge has been the single biggest difference-maker in my DD's softball journey.

Also of note...
NECC's video and clinics
Wasserman's High-Level Throwing eBook.
Tee, net, and a bucket of balls

Nov 18, 2015
Westwind,

Thanks for updating your initial post - it's helpful to get a long-term review of products that are going to be used across multiple seasons.

What changed your mind on the heavy balls? Were you using the baseball or softball sized ones? How does the flight distance compare b/w the TCB heavies and the TCB wiffles/hole balls?

Thanks,

Gags

Dec 11, 2010
Westwind,

Thanks for updating your initial post - it's helpful to get a long-term review of products that are going to be used across multiple seasons.

What changed your mind on the heavy balls? Were you using the baseball or softball sized ones? How does the flight distance compare b/w the TCB heavies and the TCB wiffles/hole balls?

Thanks,

Gags

Thanks. I had 24 of those baseball size TCB's. None of the sb size ones. Sold them all a year or so ago.

I'm not very technical and I'm not sure I can explain it. I saw a difference in the way they contacted the ball. The bat lost "whippiness". The hitters stiffened up at contact and the swing looked stiffer as they braced to hit them. i just knew I didn't like what I saw.

They still hit them pretty far. TCB whiffles much farther. I would not mind them in really, really small doses. They are not totally bad, they are just bad in quantity. My buddy uses them mixed in maybe 1 or two per 15 whiffle balls in warmups with 18u girls and his team hits the ball hard. Ymmv!

Oct 7, 2015
For me the best bang for the buck have been my catchers mitt that I got on clearance for $50 and my REI trail stool ($22) that I sit on to catch my daughter. I have those two things with me everywhere we go.

Attachments

• trail_stool.jpg
    trail_stool.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member