What is Your 2012 Practice Schedule?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2009
Just reading and comparing teams. Please mention the age group.

For example, one 14u team here is taking a one-month break after starting in November twice a week, another is going 4 days a week, with just a week off here and there.

Some 12 and 13u (not having HS season to worry about) are basically off until the weather breaks, but have a few indoor tourneys. Others start in February. Another has once a week on Sunday, basically.

Jul 28, 2008
My 12U DD is taking this week off. She started in September practicing 2x a week. Pitching clinic started up in Oct at 2x a week. She has a week off right now for her team practice, and 2 weeks off for her pitching clinic. Then she's back at 2x a week for each.

Nov 14, 2011
Our 14U team took last week and this week off. When we return in January we have 2 team practices a week for the entire team. Our pitchers will pitch at least once a week and our entire team will bat with our batting coach at least once a week.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
HS cardio and strength training everyday soon as HS returns from break. ( mine will be pitching 3 days a week for practice, indoors )

Feb 13th starts HS official on dirt practice. ( per TSSAA rules )

March 14th first official game. ( about 45 season games and 4 HS tournaments )

May 11th starts AAAA play-offs, 21st will start State Championships ( hope we do better this year than last, saw some outstanding pitchers there )

Then starts travel ball. ( seems like a long way off at this time )

Dec 7, 2011
DD @ 16U does this:
4 days/wk HS cardio n strength
2 days/wk with TB team, 3hrs defense, 1hr hitting, 1hr pitching with TB PC
1hr/wk pitch-catch with TB battery
1hr/wk with original PC
1hr/wk pitching with daddy and in a couple weeks to 2x/wk
Every other week an "open gym" with HS team

Feb 3, 2011
10u - rec and 'B' travel

Travel team is having a few open workouts this winter when weather permits. Rec will have 2 formal preseason clinics, 1 in Jan, 1 in Feb.

Rec will practice twice a week, March through May, with Easter week off. There will be 2 games per week in April and May. Players are not penalized for having to miss practices or games for any reason. It's a long season and I recognize that 4 days/week of softball is a lot for the average 9 or 10yo.

Fall 'B' team will be organized in April and hope to practice 1 time a week through May, when coaches and some of those girls will go participate in All-stars. Once All-stars ends in July, those selected players will rejoin comp team and practice 3x/week in August and then 2x/week from September through mid-November, with 7-8 weeks of league games and 3-4 tournaments. In the closing weeks, we might cancel a practice or 2 here and there.

Fall is tough, because of conflicts with soccer, church, etc. but the most serious players are rarely going to miss anything.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
2nd year 14U.

Took November off

Team hitting Tues/Thurs, indoor/gym practice Sunday all winter until HS ball starts Feb. 20th.

Play in Cali last weekend of January.

Three middle schoolers on the team will continue some practices and pickup with other teams; HS players have a priority to the HS. Some won't see a TB event until HS ball is over, some will stay involved when practical.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I use to beyouch about the no TB rule in our state during HS. But learned our HS season is some of the best in the state.

Due to diff in age and the vast amount of TB commitments, I'd love to put the WHOLE HS team in some TB tourneys. But that would never happen due to the fore said.

My DD has broken ERA and HR school records, the team has broken seasonal and a first State appearance in 22 years.

As a TB coach for many years with a team member span of 250 miles, the HS team is pretty tough. Once we got to state I realized the better teams stayed together and traveled. Except during NFHS dead periods.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
My 14U team starts practice up again the 2nd week in Jan. We are still working with our pitches and catchers though. Except my daughter who is taking Christmas break off from pitching.

When we start back up we will have a team practice once a week and team hitting twice a week until we can get back out side. Then we will have 2 team practices a week and one team hitting session a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand