What is meant here

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2016
Hips get turned, they dont turn. I see the hips turning. If not then whats turning the hips. The rear leg? If so how are we teaching to initiate the rear leg?

What is loading in the unload. What part of the body is loading? Are we loading or preparing the upper body as we move out? Please explain loading in the unload.

I think if i can grasp these things I can have a better understanding of the swing.

Do you think that there is one certain swing that makes it a High Level swing. I am beginning to think thats the same as chasing unicorns!~!

Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
What is loading in the unload. What part of the body is loading? Are we loading or preparing the upper body as we move out? Please explain loading in the unload.

no expert here but while your moving out you load your hands/barrel = running start.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
IMO, this is a decent example of "loading into the unload" in a swing...
210D371A-A053-4562-A558-D65C1EFECDBB_zpsaajq2whk.gif

The hands are "loading" (pulling up and back) into the rear hip "unload" (turning forward). This movement in opposite directions increases the resistance/stretch/tension between the lower half and upper half, setting up a more explosive launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516