What glove do you use to play with your daughter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 29, 2016
I am curious if you use your old baseball glove, a softball glove from your recreational league, or what else you might use?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
30 year old baseball glove, it is broken in at this point. I need to steal it from some other coaches if they get it to it first.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
^^^^^ Same here. 30 year old Wilson A1000 Fastback 13" with a a dual hinge web. I got it when I was 12 and began playing CF. Can you say sweat rot??!!

Jun 12, 2015
I bought my first ever glove last year, to play with my kids. I think it's a Nike. It was the last expensive glove that felt good on my hand at Academy. A couple of months ago when my fingers were literally going numb from catching for her, I bought a Mizuno catchers mitt.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I am curious if you use your old baseball glove, a softball glove from your recreational league, or what else you might use?

My DD just passed 55mph pitching this year and all her teammate throw HARD so I am using a Worth Liberty Advanced catching mitt for my own health and safety. Great value for what you get - I am thinking it will get me through the end of my bucket dad days at least.

Previous years when they were younger I used an Akedema Mantis catchers mitt and previous to that a Mizuno GX92 catchers mitt.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
A 28 year old SSK I purchased for the beer league. It sat in a box for 10 years and I pulled it out when DD's sister wanted to learn how to play catch. It's still in decent shape after a few lacing repairs.

Apr 30, 2015
^^^^^ Same here. 30 year old Wilson A1000 Fastback 13" with a a dual hinge web. I got it when I was 12 and began playing CF. Can you say sweat rot??!!

Bingo, same story, different glove. Wilson A2000 from approximately 1985.

I am in the market for a new glove though, as both the baseball playing DS and softball DD throw hard enough to hurt if I happen to catch it in the palm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207